Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, innovate for our Customer, compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you are part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As Senior Manager, of Footwear Production, your role is to provide leadership to the production team, and you will oversee the entire Brooks Footwear Production at our T1 and T2 partners in Indonesia. You will lead the implementation of Footwear Strategic Sourcing Roadmap in Indonesia ensuring alignment with business and infrastructure needs. You will inform the creation of the Indonesia footwear strategy and roadmap and ensure implementation to deliver efficient management activities within the supply chain with focus on T1 and T2 footwear manufacturers.
You will lead the creation of a collaborative work environment both in and outside of Brooks that embodies Brooks Values; meanwhile providing leadership and mentorship to direct reports to ensure job satisfaction, retention and to identify and develop bench strength.
Reporting to Director, Footwear Production- Asia
- Manage the strategic and tactical relationships across all T1, T2 manufacturing facilities in Indonesia to ensure alignment with Asia goals and initiatives and the overall company sourcing roadmap.
- Contribute to and drive the Footwear Sourcing Strategic Roadmap.
- Oversee the execution of Indonesia sourcing partner factory strategies & capacity planning for all manufacturing tiers.
- Oversee production methods and partner with the Lean/Industrial Engineering team to introduce improvement guidelines and metrics to enhance output and quality.
- Build strong relationship with various levels of leadership in both Brooks and factories.
- Facilitate change by influencing people and organizations without authority.
- Influence factories and offices to review and refine manufacturing processes to ensure efficiency, productivity, quality and cost.
- Collaborate with Development, Commercialization, Production and QA Teams to ensure product and process objectives are aligned
- Interact with the Corporate Responsibility team to ensure alignment with Sustainability goals and initiatives.
- Provide guidelines and coaching for factory partners to create vendor action plans to improve efficiency and success in achieving business goals. Ensure improvements are sustained through the introduction of work instructions, quality standards, workplace organization, training records and performance measurement.
- Overall responsibility for driving Production improvements in quality, cost and delivery across the Indonesia business.
- Drive production discussions internally and with the factories and provide expertise on production processes, technical assessment of factories and production strategies.
- Represent the company at local trade associations, build relationships and identify/gather country economic and sourcing trends.
- Effectively manage (including goal setting, performance review, hiring decisions, team culture, etc.) direct reports to build their skills sets and grow their careers.
- Lead, mentor and support the career development of team members in Indonesia to ensure job satisfaction and retention.
- Other responsibilities as required for Brooks Representative Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Product, Chemical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or relevant qualifications within the field of Footwear Manufacturing/ Development/ Engineering preferred
- Requires a broad background of 10+ years in Footwear Manufacturing, Engineering, R&D, Innovation or Costing.
- A strong background Footwear Engineering technology and application is preferred.
- 5+ years leading a production team or relevant team within footwear organization set up.
- General understanding of Lean Manufacturing.
- Excellent command of English (Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Good presentation, communication, negotiation skills and project management.
- Demonstrate in-depth of knowledge of Asia Innovation, R&D and production processes.
- General knowledge of mold engineering required.
- Familiar with the machinery used in the manufacturing of footwear and expected results.
- Strong team leader and team builder.
- Ability to provide guidance and advice within area of expertise.
- Sensitive to differing cultures, customs and business practices.
- Familiarity with product construction, athlete and consumer insight.
-Must be able to travel within Asia (~2-3 trips per quarter) and to US (~1 trip per year).
Brooks Sports, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and our policy is to maintain employment practices that conform to the intent and letter of the laws regarding equal employment opportunity. Brooks is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual preference, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. This commitment applies to all phases of the recruitment process including hiring, selection, promotions, transfers, demotions, compensation, benefits, or training. Brooks will endeavor to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue business hardship or a direct threat to the health or safety of any individual.
About Brooks Running
Brooks Running makes men's and women's high-performance running shoes, apparel, and accessories that meet the needs of runners of all levels. Entirely focused on the run, Brooks is dedicated to inspiring people to run and be active. Brooks creates innovative equipment that keeps you running longer, farther and faster—and with more enjoyment of the run.