Apparel Merchandising Manager
Brooks Running, US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
See jobs at Brooks Running
- Responsible for balancing both brand and business by ensuring apparel assortment and color SKU offering deliver on product goals as well as forecast deliverables through thorough analysis of historical sell in/sell through numbers.
- Curate assortments that align with Brooks wholesale and direct to runner channel needs including hero products/colors, price points, deliveries and color flow.
- Create strategies to validate new SKUs and overall SKU count, plans assortment, distribution, price points, cadence, flow, sizes and colors for apparel.
- As product representative for apparel, provide input and feedback to the color team regarding number of SKUs and SKU direction to create the right assortment during the creation process.
- Partner with cross-functional teams in the development and execution of global apparel merchandising strategies that deliver on unit and GMROI targets.
- Analyze brand performance, brand competitiveness, and product trends for apparel and develop strategies based on research and analysis.
- Create seasonal marketing briefs communicating market information, competitive landscape, seasonal/monthly storytelling direction and channel opportunities. Include detailed product needs i.e. packaging forms, hang tags, retail marketing needs and product features.
- Responsible for input and alignment of apparel seasonal workbooks with PLM, Sales and Marketing.
- Be a contributor to the brand’s DNA and evolution by gathering insights and feedback on potential opportunities that may influence future product solutions to support our growth.
- Partner with Footwear Merchandising team to align on global head to toe color opportunities.
- Responsible for maintaining and communicating up to date product feature lists, product change (PCF) summaries and exception lists.
- Attend model go sees and studio and lifestyle photo shoots. Initiate shot lists and lead outfit pairings that drive product marketing’s stories. Partner with marketing on editing of photography.
- Present to wholesale accounts, at sales meetings, internal meetings and at media events to represent our product and POV. Bring relevant feedback and any gained insights back to the whole team to influence product creation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a related field required.
- Minimum of 5+ years prior experience in working with apparel product (retail side or B2B, product management, product merchandising, sales, etc.) and at least 1 year of working for a running apparel brand in related field (sales, tech rep etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of the product merchandising process, retail environment and consumer buying habits.
- Strong Business orientation and analytical skills in managing SKU efficiency, product mix, and profitability.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive/create new thinking and ideas pertaining to the consumer and the product line.
- Strong ability to work professionally and efficiently within the team and across departments and to connect to different functions.
- Proven ability to influence, persuade and negotiate to achieve progress toward goals.
- Results-oriented person with the ability to balance numerous tasks and utilize all available resources.
- Self-starter who will undertake projects on his or her own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills – skilled presenter, great communication ability.
- Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ corporate values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Compete as a Team, Have Integrity, Be Active, Have Fun!
- A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
About Brooks Running
About us Brooks Running makes men's and women's high-performance running shoes, apparel, and accessories that meet the needs of runners of all levels. Entirely focused on the run, Brooks is dedicated to inspiring people to run and be active. Brooks creates innovative equipment that keeps you running longer, farther and faster—and with more enjoyment of the run.
Want to learn more about Brooks Running? Visit Brooks Running's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.