- Develop analysis methods to further our understanding of runners and their interaction with running products.
- This will involve processing and analyzing various data types (e.g., kinematics, kinetics, muscle activity, plantar pressure) and develop statistical models to better understand the relationships between these data, runner groups, and products.
- Develop novel, intuitive, data visualizations to help various stakeholders from the Footwear Team and beyond interpret scientific results and direct the design and development of new products.
- Explore new research ideas and develop studies that enhance our products regarding fit, feel, ride, performance, and injury prevention.
- Lead projects that are cross departmental including the innovation, design, and development teams.
- Execute and oversee biomechanics lab testing with human subjects (e.g., 3D motion analysis, EMG, high speed video, plantar pressure systems) including subject preparation, data collection, data analysis and development of reports.
- Oversee mechanical lab testing of polymeric materials, components, and product (shoes and apparel), providing hands on support when necessary.
- Participate in training and mentoring lab interns.
- Graduate degree (PhD preferred) in a human movement science (e.g., biomechanics, kinesiology, ergonomics, physiology) combined with a strong background in data science, or a degree in computer science with passion and experience in a human movement science.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, including:
- Proven experience leading experiments involving human subjects with application to sports performance and/or product design/development including experimental design, data collection, processing, analysis, and data interpretation.
- Research experience in applied statistical modeling.
- Proven ability to explore and organize large data sets, identify important information, develop hypotheses and novel metrics, and interpret findings for various audiences.
- Proven experience in writing code to analyze biometric or biomechanical data (e.g., MATLAB, Python, R).
- Experience using machine learning analysis techniques.
- Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of recent advances in statistics and machine learning.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in use of systems for collecting and processing biomechanics data (3D motion capture systems, EMG, plantar pressure systems, Visual 3D)
- Thorough understanding of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics of running, running performance and injury mechanisms.
- Detail-oriented yet driven to achieve results in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and thought leadership while advocating creative solutions within a cross-functional team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
- Computer proficiency with office software; MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
About Brooks Running
About us Brooks Running makes men's and women's high-performance running shoes, apparel, and accessories that meet the needs of runners of all levels. Entirely focused on the run, Brooks is dedicated to inspiring people to run and be active. Brooks creates innovative equipment that keeps you running longer, farther and faster—and with more enjoyment of the run.
Want to learn more about Brooks Running? Visit Brooks Running's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos