Technical Documents and Training Administrator
Bulk Handling Systems, Bulk Handling Systems
See jobs at Bulk Handling Systems
Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is headquartered in Eugene, Oregon. BHS is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly-owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), NRT (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of our experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. BHS has built some of the largest and most durable MRFs in the world – and we are achieving the highest throughput, recovery, and purity rates in the industry.
The Technical Documents and Training Administrator is responsible for the development of customer-facing technical training manuals, reports and other materials; effectively organizing those materials within a Learning Management System for purposes of document control and customer interface; the development of technical training programs regarding the operation and maintenance of company systems and equipment; and the delivery of the training programs either on-site at customer locations, via video presentations, and/or other delivery methods supporting start-up and secondary training. Supports Project Management in completion of all contractual obligations for training and documentation requirements.
Collaborates closely with multiple BHS departments for all areas of responsibility, including the Parts and Service Department, Engineering, Sales and Sales Engineering, etc. Disseminates feedback to internal groups such as R&D, Engineering, Field Service Technicians, and Project Management on ways to improve product performance and serviceability.
Will be directly involved with ensuring the BHS family of companies are providing exceptional customer service and lasting impression of professionalism.
Writing Technical Documentation:
- Working with Inventor and Autodesk, and using Frame Maker publishing software, develops electronic manuals for internal and external use globally. Writes instructions and descriptive material for operation and maintenance of complex systems, equipment and products. Arranges preparation of instruction manual, including photograph images, engineering drawings, troubleshooting charts, artwork and related typed copy for upload into the Learning Management System.
Administration of Learning Management System:
- Maintains the Learning Management Portal with central administration responsibilities. Develops and updates processes related to use of the Learning Management Portal, such as a consistent format documents / material and how it is organized in the Portal. When applicable, provides training to others adding material into the Learning Management Portal. Audits and monitors data integrity.
Development and Delivery of Technical Training Programs:
- Leads the design and delivery of technical training programs for BHS employees and customers regarding the appropriate and safe operation and maintenance of complex systems, equipment and products. Topics may include work procedures, product use, safety, programming, installation, operation, repair and maintenance of systems and equipment. Determines and develops best training approach for the topic(s) covered, including outlines, text, handouts, exercises, videos, tests, etc. May include preparation of video and other multi-media training materials. May include conducting training at customer worksites.
- Typically requires a Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering or related technical field; or equivalent engineering or technical related work experience. A specialist on complex technical matters.
- Typically requires 5+ years’ experience delivering training and developing technical documentation for electrical/mechanical systems, automation and/or system processes. Additional experience in hydraulic and pneumatic machinery preferred. Knowledge of machine shop and mechanical assembly equipment and processes a plus.
- Experience with Frame Maker publishing software, Inventor and Autodesk a strong plus. Working experience with MS Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, and Visio required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate technical ideas verbally and in writing to various audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to be extremely detail oriented.
- Exercises initiative and independent judgment in performance of assigned tasks and responsibilities. Work is highly independent / performed under limited supervision within overall direction established by management.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and highly engaged. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, juggling multiple priorities and projects under tight deadlines a must.
- Work is very collaborative in nature. Ability to address all levels of employees and all customers in a professional and respectful manner is essential. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback.
- Positive with a “can do” attitude; reacts well under pressure. Communicates productively. Able to represent company to vendors and customers.
Bulk Handling Systems offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Medical including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website to learn more about Bulk Handling Systems. Please click the Careers Link to apply: WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
About Bulk Handling Systems
About us Headquartered in Eugene, OR, BHS is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly-owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), NRT (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Lafayette, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. BHS has built some of the largest and most durable MRFs in the world – and they are achieving the highest throughput, recovery, and purity rates in the industry. Vision. Innovation. Collaboration BHS leads the industry in technology innovation, holding numerous patents for equipment and system designs. BHS’ commitment to innovative design and engineering, quality manufacturing, exceptional customer service, timely delivery and long-lasting, efficient systems contribute to the company’s strong reputation and success.