When you look at fresh new concept art what do you see? Do you see a 2D design that needs to be sculpted in 3D, or do you visualize how the buckles and straps fit together and hold armor over under suit in a functional and comfortable way? Do you think about the story a suit of armor tells the player, or the experience fighting through a hoard of the monsters you are about to realize in 3D? When you start to sculpt or texture, do you think about everyone that will need to work on the character in order to bring it to life for the player experience?
We are looking for Artists who champion the character design, the game, and the final player experience in every piece they do. To breathe life into the characters that tell Bungie’s stories. To bring smiles to people’s faces as they live the games we make together. If this is the experience you are looking for, we’d love to hear from you. Be a part of our team, and let’s create new worlds together!
Estimated Duration: 9 Months
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Translate fully realized concepts or simple napkin sketches into next-gen models of characters and Armor
- Author realistic, futuristic, and sometimes space magic textures for multiple shader functions for PBR, such as albedo, normal, roughness, metal, and detail maps
- Meet the quality bar established by the Art Director and Lead Artist
- Incorporate technical, artistic, basic understanding of animation, and knowledge of character design into asset creation
- A well-rounded understanding of human anatomy, form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Knowledge of 3D Max or Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush and/or Mudbox
- Ability to learn high to low poly pipelines
- Effective communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to take feedback
- Dedicated interest and desire to create great games
- Experience with Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and Marvelous Designer
- Traditional art skills
Bungie was founded in 1991 with two simple goals: Develop kick ass games that combine state-of-the-art technology with uncompromising art, captivating storytelling, and deep gameplay. Sell enough copies of those games to fund our ongoing quest for total World Domination. Now located in bustling downtown Bellevue, Washington, Bungie has spent the last decade forging the Halo series into an award-winning global entertainment phenomenon. But our pedigree goes back further than Halo. Over the past twenty years we also created a bunch of other fun games, including the Marathon Trilogy and the first two Myth games, hailed as classics by critics, gamers, and our parents alike. We were just getting warmed up. Now we find ourselves at the beginning of a bold and ambitious new adventure. Armed with the best talent, state-of-the-art technology, and the finest community on the planet, we’re preparing to unleash our newest creation upon the world. Be brave.
Want to learn more about Bungie? Visit Bungie's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid