Bungie seeks a Principal Producer for an exciting opportunity to lead the production team's efforts within one of the Destiny 2 development groups! We are searching for an experienced leader to guide and optimize a major arm of Destiny production. As Principal Producer, you will be responsible for creation and sustainable execution of detailed production plans (including updating and altering the plans as needed). You will aid the Production Director in ensuring that the team follows production best practices and supports management and career growth of the producers on their team.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and empathetic organizer of people and process who embodies a service mindset. If you're a Producer with a passion for continuous improvement, who is excited by the opportunity to orchestrate complex projects and critical initiatives, then we might have the role for you!
- Lead a team of producers to create robust production plans for their development group and to execute effectively against those plans
- Lead and direct Producers within your development group. Collaborate with them to define near-term goals. Mentor them regarding project or people challenges. Support them in achieving career objectives
- Ensure your team is healthy and working optimally and sustainably to achieve the group's goals
- Produce your leadership team including scheduling and running rituals, tracking dev group risks, etc.
- Collaborate and regularly connect with other dev group discipline leads to resolve major risks to development plans
- Team up with Production Leads from other dev groups to align production plans across all development groups
- Lead by example in terms of production craft and subject matter expertise within the development group
- Iterate on production processes to continuously improve our velocity, teamwork, and transparency
- Assist the Production Director in managing production budgets, including both staff headcount and development budget, and shaping the future Destiny roadmap
- Evaluate development group production staffing needs and make recommendations for changes
- Help craft and drive the evolution of production practices at Bungie
- Exemplary communication skills, outstanding analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Social intelligence, great interpersonal skills, and empathy for creative teams
- Proven product acumen to inform subjective product opinions
- Demonstrable experience fostering teamwork and building high functioning teams
- Champion for agile ways of working and a solid track record of applying agile concepts and practices
- Dedication to the principles of servant leadership
- Desire for continuous improvement in all aspects of the job
- Experience working on a live game ("games as a service")
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie was founded in 1991 with two simple goals: Develop kick ass games that combine state-of-the-art technology with uncompromising art, captivating storytelling, and deep gameplay. Sell enough copies of those games to fund our ongoing quest for total World Domination. Now located in bustling downtown Bellevue, Washington, Bungie has spent the last decade forging the Halo series into an award-winning global entertainment phenomenon. But our pedigree goes back further than Halo. Over the past twenty years we also created a bunch of other fun games, including the Marathon Trilogy and the first two Myth games, hailed as classics by critics, gamers, and our parents alike. We were just getting warmed up. Now we find ourselves at the beginning of a bold and ambitious new adventure. Armed with the best talent, state-of-the-art technology, and the finest community on the planet, we’re preparing to unleash our newest creation upon the world. Be brave.
Want to learn more about Bungie? Visit Bungie's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange