At Bungie, we take pride in how Test helps deliver amazing experiences to our players. We accomplish this by fostering a collaborative but critical environment where QA has an equal seat at the table alongside all of the other development disciplines.
As a Test Engineer, you will work with cross-discipline peers throughout all phases of development in order to shine a bright light on risks at the earliest possible moment, as well as highlight potential healthy paths forward. You will craft an in-depth understanding of our engine, tools, features, and production pipeline to create effective test strategies and mitigation plans that will improve the value delivered to our players and keep our teams lean, flexible, and healthy.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Execute and iterate on team's established test plans to test owned features of the game
- Work with an Agile small team and cross-discipline peers to understand test plans, and generate specs and passes as directed
- Understand your team's workflow and features and use that knowledge to help integrate test practices/concerns into every stage of feature development as early as possible
- Track critical data points from feature development and successfully communicate that data to stakeholders
- Identify team and feature risks; catalog and escalate concerns as needed and craft mitigation strategies tailored to each risk
- Excellent test fundamentals, knowledge, and experience
- Ability to enhance workflow via scripting/tooling and process improvements
- Ability to use your knowledge of test methodologies to design efficient testing coverage
- Ability to work with other Test Engineers and Leads in an agile, technical, cross-discipline team
- Inclusive, positive communication and collaboration with Art, Design, Engineering, Production and Test counterparts
- Ability to leverage understanding of game systems and content to uncover issues during each stage of development
- Desire to improve and grow yourself and continually optimize your test approach
- Experience working within Agile environments
- Experience with Destiny 2 or other Action/MMO-style games
- Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Game Design, or related fields
Bungie was founded in 1991 with two simple goals: Develop kick ass games that combine state-of-the-art technology with uncompromising art, captivating storytelling, and deep gameplay. Sell enough copies of those games to fund our ongoing quest for total World Domination. Now located in bustling downtown Bellevue, Washington, Bungie has spent the last decade forging the Halo series into an award-winning global entertainment phenomenon. But our pedigree goes back further than Halo. Over the past twenty years we also created a bunch of other fun games, including the Marathon Trilogy and the first two Myth games, hailed as classics by critics, gamers, and our parents alike. We were just getting warmed up. Now we find ourselves at the beginning of a bold and ambitious new adventure. Armed with the best talent, state-of-the-art technology, and the finest community on the planet, we’re preparing to unleash our newest creation upon the world. Be brave.
Want to learn more about Bungie? Visit Bungie's website.
The social news and entertainment company.