Incubation Senior Gameplay Engineer – Combat Systems
Bungie, Bellevue, WA / Remote CA, FL, IL, NC, TX & WA
See jobs at Bungie
Would you like to work on a new IP at Bungie that combines amazing action feel with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Are you excited to work on multiplayer combat and action gameplay? Have you ever had a debate about the intricacies of melee collision response in an online game?
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer at Bungie, you will build and tune new multiplayer gameplay elements - along with everything that makes a character feel amazing (input, controls, movement, collision, camera) - on a new IP using a wide range of technologies. You’ll work across all aspects of game development to build prototypes for game ideas on the path to production. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to making a new franchise at Bungie.
We look for candidates who value joining a mission-focused team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
This position is available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA.
- Efficiently deliver prototype code, production workflows, and tools
- With minimal oversight, design and build new concepts, systems, and multiplayer combat gameplay
- Provide technical guidance to teammates, ranging from short-term problem solving to long-term roadmap planning
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build new gameplay experiences
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Comfortable working in a fast moving and ambiguous small team environment with minimal oversight
- Professional experience as an engineer in game development who has built networked real-time action gameplay
- Experience solving game problems rooted in math (ex. physics simulations, animation IK, character controllers)
- Interest in the competitive gaming landscape
- Eye for games with great controls and responsive feedback
- Experience with a variety of current game engines building for many platforms (PC, Console, Mobile, VR)
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie was founded in 1991 with two simple goals: Develop kick ass games that combine state-of-the-art technology with uncompromising art, captivating storytelling, and deep gameplay. Sell enough copies of those games to fund our ongoing quest for total World Domination. Now located in bustling downtown Bellevue, Washington, Bungie has spent the last decade forging the Halo series into an award-winning global entertainment phenomenon. But our pedigree goes back further than Halo. Over the past twenty years we also created a bunch of other fun games, including the Marathon Trilogy and the first two Myth games, hailed as classics by critics, gamers, and our parents alike. We were just getting warmed up. Now we find ourselves at the beginning of a bold and ambitious new adventure. Armed with the best talent, state-of-the-art technology, and the finest community on the planet, we’re preparing to unleash our newest creation upon the world. Be brave.
Want to learn more about Bungie? Visit Bungie's website.
The social news and entertainment company.