Release Engineer, Source Control
Bungie, Bellevue, WA / Remote CA, FL, IL, NC, TX & WA
See jobs at Bungie
Do you have an insatiable drive for completion of any task at an exceptional quality bar, whether at an individual or team level? Are source control administration commands and monitoring second nature so you can sense questions or disturbances before users even bring them up? Would you see "these servers are supposed to have identical config settings but don't" as an opportunity to do some detective work? Do you even bat an eye at "I need to submit 75k files" or "synching this 3TB branch seems slow"?
As a Release Engineer at Bungie you will be involved in the day-to-day work with administering our source control system. You'll work with other Release Engineers to support multi-site teams and partner with them on their needs to ensure successful development cycles. Your responsibilities will range from handling support requests and analyzing data to running maintenance or scripting needed tasks, although there are always other opportunities where you can have an impact.
This position is available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA.
- Build, maintain, and monitor source control systems used worldwide with minimal unexpected downtime
- Build, maintain, and monitor source control server analytic systems, proactively taking action on areas of concern
- Design, write, review, and test various tools, scripts, and triggers (mostly in Perl)
- Collaborate with teams across the studio to effectively prioritize, communicate status, and address source control administration, scalability, integration, and support requests
- Investigate and keep up with both source control and Linux technology, motivated to grow personal skills and improve studio knowledge in these technical areas
- Be part of on-call rotations during non-standard work hours
- Map and troubleshoot source control system requirements to basic hardware specifications
- Research and recommend approaches for projects and other source control tasks based on changing trends and regulations
- Professional experience administering Linux systems and software as a major part of job duties(e.g. Red Hat, CentOS)
- Professional experience in an industry standard scripting or programming languages a major part of job duties (e.g. C#, Perl, PowerShell, Python, or similar)
- Professional experience as a user of source control products as a major part of job duties (e.g. Perforce, Git, or similar)
- Experience with code review tools as a user (e.g. Helix Swarm)
- Experience as a source control administrator (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Experience administering code review tools (e.g. Helix Swarm)
- Experience with large source control integrations and branch strategies
- Experience with CI/CD applications (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience in the video game industry and knowledge of game content pipelines
- Working knowledge of C/C++
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie was founded in 1991 with two simple goals: Develop kick ass games that combine state-of-the-art technology with uncompromising art, captivating storytelling, and deep gameplay. Sell enough copies of those games to fund our ongoing quest for total World Domination. Now located in bustling downtown Bellevue, Washington, Bungie has spent the last decade forging the Halo series into an award-winning global entertainment phenomenon. But our pedigree goes back further than Halo. Over the past twenty years we also created a bunch of other fun games, including the Marathon Trilogy and the first two Myth games, hailed as classics by critics, gamers, and our parents alike. We were just getting warmed up. Now we find ourselves at the beginning of a bold and ambitious new adventure. Armed with the best talent, state-of-the-art technology, and the finest community on the planet, we’re preparing to unleash our newest creation upon the world. Be brave.
Want to learn more about Bungie? Visit Bungie's website.
The social news and entertainment company.
Tech Jobs For You
Supply Chain Planning Solution Architect - Manager (Blue Yonde...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA