Bungie is seeking a talented Visual Designer to delight millions of fans by producing beautiful, functional interactive layouts and 2D graphical assets for Destiny 2. As a Visual Designer, you will be collaborating with various UI/UX disciplines to define features being shipped in future releases, and responsible for developing visual deliverables from concept to execution. The Visual Designer will work with and take direction from design and art leads, along with other stakeholders, to create iconic and memorable designs that contribute to Destiny’s award-winning UI design.
- Produce visual designs using high-fidelity UI mockups, visual comps and interaction designs for large-scale features
- Produce various graphical assets and 2D icons self-sufficiently in various levels of fidelity and in a wide range of styles
- Maintain consistency with the Destiny franchise aesthetic pillars across a wide variety of deliverables
- Collaborate closely with a cross functional team of designers, UX practitioners, strategists and developers to create stunning industry shaping interfaces and user experiences
- Understanding of branding design and creating icons according to a specific style guide
- Comprehensive knowledge of graphic design fundamentals like layout, color theory and typography
- Illustration skills with the ability to produce 2D icons self-sufficiently in various levels of fidelity and in a wide range of styles
- Collaborative and inclusive approach to solving visual challenges
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools, such as Illustrator and Photoshop to craft visual designs
- Creative approach to solving challenging, complex UX and game design problems
- Effective organization skills and the ability to follow established conventions
- Technical ability to pick up complex authoring tools quickly
- Demonstrates consistent communication and problem solving skills
- Keen interest for making industry leading game UI and an understanding of how visual design can enhance player experiences
- Must have online portfolio
- Experience using After Effects or equivalent software to create animated visual targets.
- Experience working in Agile and using a User-Centered Design process.
- Previous working experience in games across multiple platforms.
- Familiarity with the Destiny games and universe.
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie was founded in 1991 with two simple goals: Develop kick ass games that combine state-of-the-art technology with uncompromising art, captivating storytelling, and deep gameplay. Sell enough copies of those games to fund our ongoing quest for total World Domination. Now located in bustling downtown Bellevue, Washington, Bungie has spent the last decade forging the Halo series into an award-winning global entertainment phenomenon. But our pedigree goes back further than Halo. Over the past twenty years we also created a bunch of other fun games, including the Marathon Trilogy and the first two Myth games, hailed as classics by critics, gamers, and our parents alike. We were just getting warmed up. Now we find ourselves at the beginning of a bold and ambitious new adventure. Armed with the best talent, state-of-the-art technology, and the finest community on the planet, we’re preparing to unleash our newest creation upon the world. Be brave.
Want to learn more about Bungie? Visit Bungie's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid