Bungie is seeking an Art Director capable of aligning partner studios to the visual direction of the Destiny IP. The Art Director is a key member of project leadership and drives process and communication both internally and with international partners to ensure that the project is on track and at quality. The Art Director will work with both an internal team and external partners to ensure we are making a great Destiny experience for players, optimized for platform and market territories, and upholding the Destiny IP pillars and brand.
- Set a clear vision for the project and communicate clearly and broadly
- Ensure consistency of quality and visual direction for all art on the project
- Work with partner creative teams to drive the artistic development of the game
- Creatively solve visual problems in collaboration with internal and partner team members, including other Art Directors, Art Leads, and Artists
- Partner with the production team to ensure schedules and plans meet project needs
- Become an expert on Destiny IP and guide partner teams with feedback and approvals
- Establish style guides and specs required to define and document the art direction of the project
- Lead and manage the relationships of partner art teams
- Help grow, mentor, and guide the team, including directly managing art team members
- Shipped at least one AAA or large mobile title as an Art Director
- Experience working with External partners, or as Outsourcing Art Director
- Strong communication skills and a positive, professional attitude fueled by a passion to collaborate in a cross-culture environment
- Initiative to solve problems and an excellent follow-through
- Experience delivering clear and consistent visual feedback that elevates other artists’ work
- Desire to work closely with game design to ensure the game's art improves the player experience
- Ability and desire to explore a wide variety of ideas to push the Destiny art style
- Ability to foster a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Willingness to travel to China and/or host visits from partner teams on a regular cadence (likely every 2-3 months)
- Willingness to work outside of core hours for conference calls with partner team (typically 5pm-8pm PST)
- Experience working on a live game ("game as a service") preferred
- Chinese language skills are a plus
Most Bungie employees and contractors will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, or WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie was founded in 1991 with two simple goals: Develop kick ass games that combine state-of-the-art technology with uncompromising art, captivating storytelling, and deep gameplay. Sell enough copies of those games to fund our ongoing quest for total World Domination. Now located in bustling downtown Bellevue, Washington, Bungie has spent the last decade forging the Halo series into an award-winning global entertainment phenomenon. But our pedigree goes back further than Halo. Over the past twenty years we also created a bunch of other fun games, including the Marathon Trilogy and the first two Myth games, hailed as classics by critics, gamers, and our parents alike. We were just getting warmed up. Now we find ourselves at the beginning of a bold and ambitious new adventure. Armed with the best talent, state-of-the-art technology, and the finest community on the planet, we’re preparing to unleash our newest creation upon the world. Be brave.
Want to learn more about Bungie? Visit Bungie's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.