The Partner World Art Lead is responsible for guiding external development partners in creating inspirational environments for the Destiny IP. This includes creating Art Style Guides and other supporting visual documentation to communicate IP standards. The World Art Lead maintains the quality and consistency of the Destiny IP world content, while giving our partners enough freedom to meet the needs of their players and markets. The World Art Lead will also work closely with the Creative Lead as part of a cross-functional leadership team that is responsible for delivering timely feedback to our partners.
- Maintain Destiny IP quality and consistency while working with external partners
- Coordinate with the project Creative Director, Art Director and other leads to align on the vision for expanding the Destiny IP
- Work closely with the project Creative Director and Leadership Team to set guidelines for implementation of the Destiny IP
- Review the content of partner teams and work with them to revise based on reactions from studio leadership, project leads, and playtesting
- Act as the single point of contact for world art communication with the partner teams
- Work with project team Design / Creative Direction to provide layout feedback and guidance
- Help guide partners on processes we use to build our worlds in support design / narrative goals
- Collect content and established guidelines by collaborating with studio Art Leadership
- Art team lead experience on a AAA or large mobile game
- Advanced understanding of the core principals of art content creation
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Social intelligence, great interpersonal skills, and empathy for creative teams
- Ability to handle ambiguity, including effectively leading a team in spite of that ambiguity
- Self-motivated and proactive about both teaching and learning art processes
- Willingness to work outside of core hours for conference calls with partner teams (typically 5-8pm)
- Thorough understanding of Destiny art vision, pillars, and processes
- Experience working with external partners
- Experience working on games as a service/live content
- Mandarin language skills are a plus
- Willingness to travel to China and host visits from partner teams on a regular cadence (likely every 3 months at most)
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie was founded in 1991 with two simple goals: Develop kick ass games that combine state-of-the-art technology with uncompromising art, captivating storytelling, and deep gameplay. Sell enough copies of those games to fund our ongoing quest for total World Domination. Now located in bustling downtown Bellevue, Washington, Bungie has spent the last decade forging the Halo series into an award-winning global entertainment phenomenon. But our pedigree goes back further than Halo. Over the past twenty years we also created a bunch of other fun games, including the Marathon Trilogy and the first two Myth games, hailed as classics by critics, gamers, and our parents alike. We were just getting warmed up. Now we find ourselves at the beginning of a bold and ambitious new adventure. Armed with the best talent, state-of-the-art technology, and the finest community on the planet, we’re preparing to unleash our newest creation upon the world. Be brave.
Want to learn more about Bungie? Visit Bungie's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.