Distributed Systems Engineering Lead
Bungie, Hybrid / Bungie-Approved Remote Locations
See jobs at Bungie
Are you ready to evolve Destiny's powerful build system to support the creation of new worlds, new games, and beyond? Are you excited to help build consensus across your team and partners towards the best possible outcome for customers? Would you like to work on worlds that bring people together at a company that values your work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee?
As the Distributed Systems Engineering Lead at Bungie, you will lead a team of engineers in developing and maintaining our internal build farm and associated workflows. You will be part of our Central Technology group, working closely with multiple game teams to parallelize and improve their workflows. You will partner with our operations team to ensure they have the right tools to support our build farm and customers. You will tackle the unique challenges of continuously delivering world-class games to our players.
This position is available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA.
- Manage Distributed Systems Engineers and Architects, providing support, mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development guidance
- Work with Central Technology leadership to define and create the future of Bungie’s Build Farm
- Represent the needs of the Build Farm Team to key stakeholders, balancing and prioritizing requests against the team’s roadmap
- Design, build, test, and maintain the systems and tooling that support our Build Farm
- Be a key contributor in Build Farm architecture design and reviews
- Willingness to be part of a “we” culture. You work well with others to reach common goals— team fit, and culture are especially important to us
- Experience leading teams developing complex products with high cross-team dependencies
- Experience managing or mentoring other engineers
- Experience with distributed systems development in C#, C++, Java, or another object-oriented language
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Experience developing build systems.
- Deep operating systems knowledge (Windows and/or Linux/Unix)
- Experience with SQL (specifically with sprocs and high-contention queries)
- Familiar with agile software development (e.g., scrum, kanban, etc.)
Most Bungie employees and contractors will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, or WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Bungie was founded in 1991 with two simple goals: Develop kick ass games that combine state-of-the-art technology with uncompromising art, captivating storytelling, and deep gameplay. Sell enough copies of those games to fund our ongoing quest for total World Domination. Now located in bustling downtown Bellevue, Washington, Bungie has spent the last decade forging the Halo series into an award-winning global entertainment phenomenon. But our pedigree goes back further than Halo. Over the past twenty years we also created a bunch of other fun games, including the Marathon Trilogy and the first two Myth games, hailed as classics by critics, gamers, and our parents alike. We were just getting warmed up. Now we find ourselves at the beginning of a bold and ambitious new adventure. Armed with the best talent, state-of-the-art technology, and the finest community on the planet, we’re preparing to unleash our newest creation upon the world. Be brave.
Want to learn more about Bungie? Visit Bungie's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one