BuzzFeed Inc is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, sales leader with a passion for media and content-driven partnerships to lead our Latin America business in Mexico City. As Commercial Director, you will be responsible for the health of BuzzFeed’s LatAm business and lead efforts to further monetize the BuzzFeed, Complex and Tasty sites, brands, properties, and marketing efforts.
As the leader of the sales team, you will define the vision for the direct sold advertising business, and develop a plan to execute upon that vision, which will include growing our advertising business and developing new revenue streams through partnerships. In addition to managing the Sales and Account Management Team achieving revenue targets, you will work closely with our Business Strategy, Content and Distribution teams to ensure that programs are implemented to maximize long-term client satisfaction. You should have a track record of success and an entrepreneurial learning that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our business.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop near- and long-term strategy for the market to achieve revenue goals
- Lead the LatAm Business team and partner closely with the Content team in order to deliver on revenue strategy
- Introduce our brands, reach, and product suite to clients and agencies in LatAm through in person meetings, speaking opportunities, and written materials
- Reach and exceed country level revenue goals with a keen focus on pipeline management across the team
- Develop Senior-level relationships with clients, agencies, platforms, and partners
- Provide feedback to our product teams about in-market needs
- Understand the competitive landscape and identify opportunities that translate to revenue growth
- Collaborate with our Content team to introduce sponsorship opportunities around launches, etc.
- Represent BuzzFeed Inc’s suite of brands to the business community
- Identify and understand trends within social media
- Analyze data and use it to effectively advocate for investments to grow our business
- Extensive experience working in digital sales and managing sales teams (3+ years)
- Experience at a leading publisher, social media platform or digital player in the region
- A proven track record of success driving revenue
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, and an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client
- A data- and results-led approach to your business
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- A deep knowledge of the social platforms and the latest social ad products
- A passion for social advertising and new media
- Demonstrable knowledge of the online advertising industry
- The ability to work in a fast-moving company and industry
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.