Writer, Branded Video
Our Branded Video team is looking for a creative and resourceful writer who can conceive and quickly execute compelling branded short form video content for the web and other digital platforms.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces social lift, or "earned media." A few examples of our branded video content can be seen below.
- Puppyhood https://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeedVideo/videos/1716156491858559/
- Dear Kitten https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Sn91t1V4g
- Johnson's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EagaaoRXVtI&feature=youtu.be
- Nickelodeon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRXzTOTgB8k
- GE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJiMjSscgk4
- Mr. Robot - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxDoFWvEbuM
- Amazon, Red Oaks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol9NlJOuKuA
- UnReal - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shLNUDXWqbE
- Google Play - https://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeedVideo/videos/1999261630214709/?hc_ref=SEARCH
- Perrier - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X24vbbmgpSI
- Hyundai - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzRzt0Xf80I
This job is a temp-to-perm, full-time role based in our Los Angeles office, which offers a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks.
- Liaise with agencies and brands directly to interpret their creative brief
- Conceptualize original content, (both short and long form) for diverse brand categories, i.e., CPG, Auto, Tech, QSR, etc.
- Develop and execute persuasive pitches, treatments, and scripts.
- Lead creative brainstorms and collaborate with other members of the creative team.
- Amending, revising and/or redeveloping concepts based on internal and/or client review.
- 3-5 years experience working predominantly in video for major brands, required.
- Great presentation and communication skills.
- Strong background in conceptual and visual thinking.
- Previous experience writing for multiple digital platforms and formats.
- Ability to rapidly execute in an environment with tight timelines.
- Proven ability to adapt in an ever changing industry.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Freelance Writer, Montreal
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Montreal
Human Interest Writer/Reporter, PEOPLE.com
Time Inc., New York, NY
Freelance Social Video Editor
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Food Photographer, Time Inc. Food Studios
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL
BuzzFeed, Mexico City