Jr. Social Video Fellow, Black Culture & Entertainment
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
Jr. Social Video Fellow
BuzzFeed Entertainment Group's New York team is looking for a Junior Social Video Fellow with a deep knowledge of black internet culture and entertainment. The ideal candidate is a creative and resourceful social media junkie who knows about emerging trending stories and social news before they’re big. This candidate must be literate in video editing and advanced experience in content creation for social, especially Facebook & Instagram.
This person has deep knowledge of social influencers. The candidate must have quick turn around times on video edits, and ability to adapt to a fast pace environment. This person will also assist with editing videos from other video producers, transcripts, captioning and production administrative tasks.
We’re looking for someone who genuinely believes the internet and social media platforms are amazing places full of creative, hilarious people doing incredible things.
This is a full-time, 3-month temporary assignment based in our New York office with opportunity for extension.
- Edit 3-5 videos a week
- Keep an eye on trending news stories and pop culture news and flip videos quickly
- Implement feedback from social strategist and video producers in a timely manner
- Work with strategists to prioritize time-sensitive vs. evergreen projects so they are optimized for success
- Assist with editing videos from other video producers, transcripts, captioning and production administrative tasks
- Well-versed in Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, and understands why the most popular stuff on those sites became popular
- Deep knowledge of social influencers and content creators in the social space
- A proven history of publishing creative video work online (must show examples)
- A competitive drive to make things that people love and share.
- Fluency with Adobe Photoshop and strong illustration/design/photography skills major plus (Adobe Premiere skills are a major, major plus!)
- A strong voice and unique style and ability to establish and tone and cadence when it comes to curating content.
- An interest in viral content of all forms and understanding how/why it spreads
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Collaborative and open to feedback and working with teams.
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 2-3 BuzzFeed videos that performed well on our Facebook pages within the last year, and explain why you think they were successful
- Attach a resume
- Share 3-5 samples of videos you’ve produced and edited yourself
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Food Photographer, Time Inc. Food Studios
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL
Producer, Food & Wine
Time Inc., New York, NY
Human Interest Writer/Reporter, PEOPLE.com
Time Inc., New York, NY
Creative Designer/Art Director
Manager, Physical Production - LATAM
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Freelance Tabletop Photographer (Kentucky)