BuzzFeed is looking for an experienced, skilled and resourceful jack-of-all trades Video Producer/Editor to write, execute and deliver branded custom content and franchise videos in support of International markets. Applicants should have a technical and creative background in video production and editing, a strong understanding of digital formats, and a resourceful, let’s-get-it-done attitude. Candidates should also have a passionate interest and experience in creative writing, from concept pitches, treatments to scripts. The ideal candidate also has experience in production coordinating and will be able to assist the International team with oversees pre-production and production supervision from BuzzFeed HQ in New York.
Candidates should be highly adaptable and skilled at working as a one-man crew – lighting, shooting and editing video content, as well as working as a team member in a much larger crew. They should also be able to take footage shot by other producers and edit it into a compelling video in record time, and be able to work with writers to bring scripts and written treatments to life within budget. They will have a deep understanding of the intricacies and nuances for each video format in terms of visual style/pacing and design while also being able to flip and change between projects on a daily basis. When needed they will hire and coordinate freelance production and/or post production personnel, managing their workflow and ensuring they deliver high quality work on schedule, in an organized and friendly environment.
This is a full-time position based in our New York office.
- Edit, shoot and produce high quality videos quickly and independently.
- Excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge for the best ways to grab viewers, and how to tell as story in as little time as possible.
- A love of experimentation.
- Assist in ideation or approval of concepts, treatments and scripts, working with creative team. Maintaining creative, production and budgetary oversight on all video deliverables created or pitched by team. (Pitches, treatments, scripts and edits)
- Lead new initiatives and own projects with limited supervision.
- Keep up with a fast-paced and varied day-to-day schedule.
- Keep track of viral trends, create content around them, and analyze the results of your work.
- Assist in coordinating pre-production, production and post production work flow of larger Branded shoots either in the US or abroad. This may include coordinating freelance production companies and/or editors and ensuring they meet expectations.
- Track and manage status of many projects in pre production, production or post-production at once, managing freelance personnel and their workflow.
- 4-6 years of experience with all forms of video production and editing.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop etc.) and Illustrator Media Encoder and After Effects.
- Knowledge of color correction.
- High level English skills for writing text. Any other language – a HUGE plus.
- DSLR cameras (Canon’s and Sony A7S), lighting and sound.
- A moderate understanding of data and growth, and an ability to critically use data to drive decisions.
- A team player. Must be able to take direction, assist and collaborate well with others.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience at researching, hiring and coordinating freelance personnel, as well as managing their workflow in a positive and efficient manner.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, while keeping a cool head under pressure.
- A scrappy competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really going for it, no matter what tools you are provided with.
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters).
- Candidates must provide a reel/sample portfolio of work via a web viewing link.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Freelance Writer, Las Vegas
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Vegas
Freelance Social Media Intern Fall 2017 (Paid)
Uncubed, New York, NY
Production Assistant, Santa Cruz Warriors
Golden State Warriors, Warriors Executive Office and Oracle Arena
Freelance Writer, Boston
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Boston
Freelance Video Editor, User Generated Beauty Content
BuzzFeed, New York
Commerce Writer, Product Labs
BuzzFeed, New York