BuzzFeed is hiring a Sales Team Manager managing substantial sized team and book of business within a region
What You'll Do
- Be an exemplary representative of our leadership team and company culture
- Hit or exceed quarterly revenue goals
- Track and Forecast revenue for their team
- Train and ramp new hires
- Weekly reports of the health of their business to the Sr. Director or VP
- Weekly 1x1's with team members
- Regularly review performance of individuals; promote or take actions for termination when necessary
- Support team members on sales calls and meetings
- Help push through internal resources and exceptions
- Extensive digital sales experience and some direct sales management experience
- Ability to manage several salespeople at all levels and help position them for success.
- Outstanding track record of success of regularly meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Proven track record of effectively managing sales people
- Proven ability to organically grow accounts by creating great relationships, understanding customer needs and marshaling resources for success.
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills and an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and innovative mindset to leverage all the amazing possibilities at BuzzFeed.
- Ability to think on your feet and ideate on the spot as opportunities develop fast.
- A team player that will enjoy working with other highly talented sales execs who are on a mission to build this business.
- 7+ years experience and a minimum of 1 year direct sales management
- Oversees the work of a 5-7 person team of Brand Development Strategists within a region
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.