BuzzFeed is seeking experienced Sales Manager to oversee a team of sellers and book of business within a region. The ideal candidate will have strong experience managing multiple salespeople, tracking and forecasting revenue, and developing talent. In addition to management experience, the Sales Manager should also have previous experience and proven track record of success selling digital media.
The Sales Manager will be based in New York and report to our SVP, Brand Development.
What You'll Do
- Be an exemplary representative of our leadership team and company culture
- Hit or exceed quarterly revenue goals
- Track and Forecast revenue for their team
- Train and ramp new hires
- Weekly reports of the health of their business to the SVP, Brand Development
- Weekly 1x1's with team members
- Regularly review performance of individuals; promote or take actions for termination when necessary
- Support team members on sales calls and meetings
- Help push through internal resources and exceptions
- Extensive digital sales experience and some direct sales management experience
- Ability to manage several salespeople at all levels and help position them for success.
- Outstanding track record of success of regularly meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Proven track record of effectively managing salespeople
- Proven ability to organically grow accounts by creating great relationships, understanding customer needs and marshaling resources for success.
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills and an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and innovative mindset to leverage all the amazing possibilities at BuzzFeed.
- Ability to think on your feet and ideate on the spot as opportunities develop fast.
- A team player that will enjoy working with other highly talented sales execs who are on a mission to build this business.
- 7+ years experience of proven digital sales experience
- At least 2 years direct sales management is required
- Oversees the work of a 5-7 person team of Brand Development Strategists within a region
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Digital Account Executive
IgnitionOne, Sao Paulo
Senior Brand Partner
Foursquare, New York
Strategic Account Executive - Midwest Central
Mendix, Chicago | Minneapolis | Indianapolis
Account Development Representative
Periscope Data, San Francisco
Brand Ambassador - Outside Sales for Pittsburgh
HelloFresh, USA - Pittsburgh, PA
Account Manager, Mid-Market
Yext, London, UK