BuzzFeed… the social news and entertainment company provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We are looking for a VP level HR professional to be the primary Human Resources contact for the BuzzFeed Entertainment Group (BFEG). You’ll partner with local managers and employees and provide strategic HR guidance on topics such as: HR operations, employee development, performance management, compensation, organizational design, compliance with local employment law, employee relations, culture, etc.
The position is based in our LA office, and we offer competitive compensation, benefits and an employee stock option program. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
This VP will be “hands on”. You will be expected to deliver HR initiatives to the team, manage ongoing programs and tackle day-to-day tasks while ensuring objectives are continuously being delivered on.
- Partner with senior leadership of BFEG to develop and implement effective people policies and practices that will support the strategic growth of the business
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people related strategy and execution
- Guide the business on evolving appropriate compensation and organizational structures
- Provide HR leadership and coaching to employees across all levels on employee relations, talent management, and career development
- Partner with colleagues in LA and other locations on hiring plans, employee branding, people programs and initiatives; where appropriate adopt company programs to BFEG specific needs
- Use data to understand employee population’s needs and to drive approach and action with the business on the people agenda
- Foster a culture of collaboration and openness where everyone can thrive
- Serve as the lead HR person for the Los Angeles site
- Partner with the L&D function to develop and deliver training for employees that accelerates development and supports business growth
- Manage and develop a team of HR business partners
- 10+ years in relevant HR experience as a HR Generalist / Business Partner
- Deep knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations
- First class interpersonal and influencing skills; client service oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Known for being an outstanding people manager and leader
- Ability to build productive working relationships with all levels of the organizations
- Analytical thinker who can conceptualize and analyze both business problems and solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing, fun environment.
- Self-motivated and assertive
- High degree of personal integrity
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.