Multicultural Video Producer, Beauty and Style
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed Entertainment Group is looking for a video producer who lives, breathes, and obsesses over all things hair, beauty, and makeup for a full-time paid position in the New York office, available to start immediately. They should have experience creating compelling lifestyle video content for Facebook, YouTube, and other digital platforms.
Candidates for this position should have an understanding of and passion for general beauty, and beauty specifically relevant to multicultural identities. They will work closely with our beauty edit team and our Cocoa Butter social team to create content that will help us grow new audiences. They must value diversity and representation, love to experiment, be a multi-tasker that can tackle deadlines, and be able to create videos from start to finish. The ideal candidate has beauty video production experience and is able to cover beauty in a way that feels accessible and relatable to our audience.
We cover a range of topics — like hair and beauty trends and struggles, shopping and style tips, pop culture and celebrity, body image and body positivity, and more. This is an insanely fun position that will involve a lot of hands on experimentation and the opportunity to see your biggest ideas fully realized!
This job is full-time, based in New York, and we offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
- Create, shoot, edit, and produce beauty videos for BuzzFeed the website, its social pages, and YouTube channels
- Excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge of the best ways to grab viewers, and a sense for when videos should be short or long-form
- A love of experimentation and trying to tell stories in new and different ways
- Make creative, fun, and social-driven videos that people will like and share across our beauty platform
- Generate ideas for, and experiment with, new formats and content types
- Keep track of viral trends across all verticals, create content around them, and analyze the results of your work
- 2-4 years of experience with all forms of video production and equally proficient with a DSLR as well a mobile phone
- Proven experience within the beauty industry
- Strong passion for multicultural beauty, particularly content that caters to people of color
- Strong passion for social media and all things internet (writing skills a plus)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop etc. -- After Effects skills a plus)
- A scrappy competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really going for it no matter what tools you are provided with
- Ability to work on your own as well as in small teams
- Organized with your time and a solid understanding of how long your projects will take
- A positive, curious, playful disposition
Please note: When applying, please send a link to your reel and any/all past video work. Please also submit an original video inspired by a BuzzFeed beauty article. No formal cover letters. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 2-3 YouTube videos from other channels that performed well within the last year, and explain why you think they were successful.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Time Inc., New York, NY
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Freelance Writer, Honolulu
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Honolulu
Freelance Writer, Denver
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group – Denver
Human Interest Writer/Reporter, PEOPLE.com
Time Inc., New York, NY
Freelance Assistant Editor, Branded Video
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles