BuzzFeed is hiring a Senior IT Specialist. We’re looking for an experienced IT professional to assist the current IT leadership team with project management in our Sydney office.
We are looking for a candidate that has experience managing IT projects from the research to implementation stage, who is able to delegate tasks and rally a team to complete a project. Individual should have experience with office moves and/or build outs as well. Being organized and able to juggle multiple tasks is a must as the environment of the company is busy and ever-changing. Being able to provide great customer service is equally as important--you’ve got to love the people you help and love what you do. Individual must be ambitious and must be a go-getter.
We’re looking for an upbeat and engaged person to join our current IT team. At its core, IT is a support department which exists to make sure employees can actually do their jobs--we like to think of ourselves as technology therapists.
- Work with IT leadership team on IT projects from research to implementation
- Provide escalation support for IT Specialists on the team
- Build relationships with other departments within the organization
- Well versed in administering cloud based services
- Act as mentor for other IT Specialists
- Actively work on policies and procedures and assist with enforcement
- Respond to, record, track, and close tickets through help desk/problem management software--detail is key
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software or network issues that end-users are having
- Previous experience with project management and tools (JIRA, Trello, Basecamp)
- Previous experience with office moves and/or buildouts
- Must be customer-focused, personable, professional and detail-oriented
- Must be an ambitious self-starter who is able to tackle issues independently but able to delegate tasks to others as needed
- Proficient in both following and creating documentation for the rest of team
- Strong troubleshooting skills and proven ability to use the tools at hand to research and resolve problems
- Able to troubleshoot Mac OS X and software issues
- Able to troubleshoot Windows issues
- Speed is key -- you've got to be fast
- Advanced knowledge of networking concepts is a must
- Experience troubleshooting A/V setups for video conferencing including Cisco Codecs and hosted solutions like Google Hangouts and Blue Jeans
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot Google Apps Enterprise issues
- Familiarity with JAMF Casper Suite, Adobe CC, Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with networking hardware from Meraki
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
NS1, New York
Senior Software Engineer, Back-End
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Sr. DevOps Engineering Intern (Graduate Student)
IBM, Multiple Cities
Sr. Cloud/Infrastructure SAP Basis Admin - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Software Engineer-Smart TV
Hotstar, Bangalore, Karnataka
Lead Support Engineer
PatientPop, Santa Monica, CA