BuzzFeed’s Media Brands team is looking for a creative and resourceful foodie who can manage our west coast culinary team, serving brands such as Tasty, Goodful, and Playful’s short-form food video content. As the Culinary Manager, you will partner and supporting the Media Brand’s culinary freelancers, video producers, back of house operations, kitchen developmental training and the coordination of the test kitchen, with the end goal of increasing efficiency and revenue, while decreasing overall operating costs.
The Media Brand’s Culinary team and the producers we collaborate with are an eclectic, super-talented, relaxed team committed to all things cooking and eating.
- Manage and oversees recipe development optimized for digital video
- Find solutions to refine production and recipe testing operations
- Review Media Brand’s recipe videos ensuring safety, style and proper technique matching BuzzFeed’s style guide
- Strategically build brand definition between Media Brands, offering and supporting new ways to monetize our digital distributed content
- Ready and excited to find unique solutions to our constant recipe challenges. Ensure recipes look incredible on camera
- Coach and trains team members to increase knowledge about cooking fundamentals, safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles
- Oversee ordering of supplies, ingredients, and props based on rapidly shifting demand
- Assist the Head of Culinary set current kitchen operation standards for a kitchen studio setting
- Support preparation for upcoming team projects
- Ensure all proposed recipes meet recipe template standards
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned
- Ensure compliance with health regulations in accordance to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety guidelines
- 3+ years of Food Service with management experience
- Formal culinary training
- Strong interpersonal written and communication skills
- Strong organization and multitasking skills
- Some knowledge of Tasty video content
- Comfortable working with many members of the leadership team, producers, fellows, residents, program managers, food specialist and interns
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans when necessary
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to occasionally work on evenings and weekends
- Unwavering commitment to working safely at all times
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Marketing Manager Sweden
Wolt, Stockholm, Sweden
Robinhood, Menlo Park, CA
Country Manager, Japan
Partner Marketing Manager, Tech Partners & Resellers
LiveRamp, San Francisco, CA
Intern, Video Production
Participant Media, Los Angeles