We’re looking for a well-rounded support technician to setup and deploy hardware and software as well as provide stellar end-user support. The position will work in conjunction with the existing IT team. Candidate must have strong computer (hardware, software, networking) and interpersonal skills. Being organized and able to juggle multiple tasks is a must as the environment of the company is busy and ever-changing.
We’re looking for an upbeat and engaged person to join our current IT team. At its core, IT is a support department which exists to make sure employees can actually do their jobs--we like to think of ourselves as technology therapists. This position will assist the rest of the team in providing support to employees and work on projects to make employees lives easier from a technology standpoint.
The candidate should have experience troubleshooting computer hardware, software, email and network issues. Being able to provide great customer service is equally as important--you’ve got to love the people you help and love what you do. Individual must be ambitious and must be a go-getter.
This job is based in our New York office.
- Provide internal helpdesk support for BuzzFeed employees
- Respond to, record, track, and close tickets through help desk/problem management software--detail is key
- Assist with evolving internal IT wiki page--documentation is king!
- Provision computers (mainly Mac OS X machines) for employees
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software or network issues that end-users are having
- Troubleshoot and support current A/V setup for video conferencing (includes Cisco Codecs, Tely HD and Blue Jeans or Hangouts)
- Work with the other members of the IT team to provide support and enforce IT policies
- Must be customer-focused, personable, professional and detail-oriented
- Must be an ambitious self-starter who is able to tackle issues independently but also work with the rest of the IT team as a whole
- Proficient in both following and creating documentation for the rest of team
- Strong troubleshooting skills and proven ability to use the tools at hand to research and resolve problems
- Candidate must have previous experience assisting employees in a video production environment
- Able to troubleshoot Mac OS X and software issues
- Able to troubleshoot Windows issues
- Being speedy and organized is a must
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot Google Apps Enterprise issues
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting video conferencing systems (Blue Jeans, Cisco, etc.)
- General knowledge of networking concepts is a must
- Familiarity with JAMF Casper Suite
- Familiarity with networking hardware from Meraki, Cisco, Juniper and/or Fortinet
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. You’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
Ruby Backend Developer
Piktochart, Penang, Malaysia
Senior Software Engineer
Intercom, London, UK
Staff Software Engineer, Android
Shape Security, Mountain View
Software Platform/Infrastructure Technical Project Manager
SigFig, San Francisco, CA
Senior Front End Engineer
BounceX, New York