BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced Engineer to help build the infrastructure that powers our analytics products. This is a huge opportunity to be part of a growing team and help shape the way we develop, deploy, and operate production quality systems.
We offer competitive compensation with stock options, full benefits, and tasty perks - including catered lunch twice a week, a well stocked kitchen and bagel Fridays. We host team outings and special events like music breaks and Breakfast at BuzzFeed speaker series.
We have engineering wide hack weeks and we deeply value open source, giving back to the community by speaking, hosting meetups and contributing to projects we benefit from.
What you’ll do:
- Help make data more available across BuzzFeed. We love using data to make decisions and you will play a big part in making actionable data available to content creators curators and other members of BuzzFeed
- Enable creators and curators to understand the impact of their production and promotion
- Collaborate with a team of software engineers, data scientists and others on projects that impact the business
- Build services for collecting, storing, and monitoring data from a variety internal and external sources
- Create tools that are robust and resilient to disruptions in a distributed system
Who you are:
- You take pride in designing beautiful, efficient systems and take design and code reviews seriously
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- You have experience with Python and an interest in Go, and are able to write appropriately abstracted, resilient code
- You are interested in supporting team members and are passionate about teaching and learning
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.