Do you love trying new recipes? Does your creative side come to life in the kitchen? Do you have a background in cooking and an interest in digital video? BuzzFeed Tasty is looking for a freelance chef or culinary expert who can help create food video content for the web and other digital platforms. The freelance role works with our branded team to develop and test recipes. Most projects will require 2-3 days of your time during normal business hours (9am-6pm). Opportunity to grow and learn more about digital video in the food space.
- Create and test new recipes and help prepare those recipes for filming at our content studio
- Ensure all recipes meet Tasty standards of health and accessibility
- Prepare all food on shoot dates
- Order food, ingredients, and supplies for each shoot
- Invent and develop new recipes
- Food Service experience: minimum 2 years
- Aesthetic sense: recipes must taste good and look good on camera
- Professional Culinary training or experience is a must
- Video production experience a plus
- Competence with Gmail, Google Hangouts, and Google Docs
- Commitment to working safely at all times
- Flexible schedule
- Creative problem solver in the kitchen; can adapt recipes
- Ability to work under pressure with team members
- Knowledge of Tasty video content
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Communications Strategist
Shape Security, Mountain View
Brand Manager, Japan
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
Senior Manager, Channel Marketing
Devoted Health, Miramar, FL
Marketing and Event Specialist - Thailand
Insider, Bangkok, Thailand
Luno, Cape Town
Marketing Assistant - Tucson, AZ
Yelp, Tuscon, AZ