BuzzFeed is looking for a Head of Ad Operations. As the Head of Ad Ops, you will oversee the effective management, mentorship and career growth of an existing team focused on monetization of our O&O inventory across .com, YouTube, Snap and emerging platforms like FB Watch. You will partner with client services, sales and our external clients to ensure consistent and smooth delivery of all advertising campaigns.
The Head of Ad Ops will be based in New York and report to the SVP, Branded Distribution and Advertising Operations.
- Manage Global ad operations of BuzzFeed’s O&O properties across .com properties (i.e tasty.co, bf.com) and owned platform inventory (i.e. Snap Discover, YT Reserve and FB watch)
- Manage a team that will lead operational aspects of ad delivery Including, QA, trafficking, optimization, pacing, reporting, ad servers, and billing
- Support both direct sales and programmatic inventory and trafficking operations
- Manage relationships with publishers, media vendors, and third-party ad tech vendors to maximize the performance of existing buys and stay current with new products/features
- Play a leadership role working with internal leaders throughout the organization to identify areas for revenue growth potential and new monetization strategies; perform inventory allocation recommendations.
- Develop career ladders and look for growth opportunities for ad operations and yield management teams across BuzzFeed.
- Identify opportunities and ways to improve workflow. Maintain documentation as well as best practices for the team.
- Bring together the best knowledge of ad solutions and be the go to expert for both internal and external clients
- Resolve any escalated campaign management issues.
- Partner with sales to develop industry specific strategies and solutions
- Manage the compilation and dissemination of regular (e.g. weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) reports on performance of optimization campaigns and properties
- Conduct analyses and provide insight that addresses our goals through both quantitative and qualitative data mining.
- Requires a deep understanding of advertising technology, and must demonstrate a high-level of creativity that is needed to craft workflow and optimization solutions.
- Provide expertise around areas of media and technology and can provide POVs on some of the industry’s challenges (i.e. viewability, attribution, etc)
- Minimum 8 years of digital ad serving experience with a large focus on inventory operations
- 4+ years experience leading and growing a team
- Ability to grow, train, define, and change manage new processes and solutions across teams
- Solid understanding of programmatic operations (header bidding, PMP, PG, etc)
- Knowledge of campaign reporting, inventory forecasting, & data visualization
- Master storyteller comfortable presenting and communicating with various levels, internally and externally
- Deep understanding of the online video marketplace, leading advertisers and platforms
- Experience working with order management systems. Operative a plus
- Familiar with platform inventory YouTube, Facebook and Snapchat ad formats
- Expert knowledge of DFP ad serving platform, DFP cross-selling experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics or Looker a plus
- Basic skills in HTML, familiarity with JS and CSS a plus
- Experience with building relationships and being the “go-to” solutions partner
- Ability to excel in a diverse work environment
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter with a few sentences on why you would be a good fit for the Head of Ad Ops and BuzzFeed!
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.