BuzzFeed is looking for a dynamic digital sales person with a passion for our Brand and the evolving advertising space . You’ll introduce our advertising products to brands and agencies, and collaborate with our product and account service teams to see to it that the programs are implemented to maximum long-term client satisfaction. You should have a previous experience and an entrepreneurial leaning that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our products and begin generating revenue.
This position is based in our NYC office and reports to Vice President, Brand Strategy.
- Introduce our products to brands and agencies through meetings, speaking opportunities, and written materials
- Reach and exceed individual sales goals while contributing to overall team goals
- Prospect, penetrate and create new relationships with advertising agencies and clients
- Develop relationships at all levels from CMO to Brand Managers to Agency Buyers
- Provide feedback to our product and business teams about the needs and successes in the market
- Collaborate with our editorial teams to introduce sponsorship opportunities around new editorial launches
- Identify and understand trends within digital and social media
- Strong focus on being able to analyze data and use it to grow the business
- At least 2-3 years of previous digital sales experience
- Experience at a leading publisher, technology or social media platform
- Strong track record of success driving revenue through discovering, prospecting, creating new business and growing and retaining existing business
- Strong writing skills
- Strong negotiation skills and an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- An understanding of digital video and social ad products as seen through Publishers and Platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, SNAP and others.
- Passionate about digital advertising and new media
- Demonstrable knowledge of the online advertising industry
- Skilled in crafting presentations and written pitch materials a plus
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.