BuzzFeed Media Brands is looking for a creative and inspiring Lifestyle Video Producer for our parenting brand, Playfull. Reporting to our team Content Lead and working from our New York headquarters, you will collaborate across a team of Producers in LA and NY to create compelling, shareable, service-oriented content for the web and other digital platforms. Playfull is a flourishing digital destination that offers tips, humor and support for millennial parents.
You are a native of the digital and pop cultural landscapes with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media and emerging technology/platforms. You love to experiment with short, fun formats that succinctly tell a story — whether it's a top-down DIY or a more narrative project. You should have good social intuition, love making content without having to be in front of a camera, and know how to trust data to crack success. Experience with parenting content and issues is a plus!
- Conceive, shoot, write, edit and produce lifestyle videos for Playfull’s Facebook and other social channels, as well as emerging platforms
- Produce videos quickly, experiment with lots of different formats, and be interested in analyzing the results of your work
- Collaborate with the Playfull team to pitch and produce video components for the content they’re creating
- Partner with other producers to produce ideas on time and under budget.
- Brainstorm on past successes and strategize on ways to push the boundary with video formats.
- Proven experience and interest in covering a variety of lifestyle topics including DIY, food, health, and parenting
- 3-5 years experience creating compelling, shareable video content
- Proven experience with all aspects of video creation and editing (DSLR’s, Premiere Pro, lighting, audio recording etc.)
- A passion for lifestyle content that’s entertaining and inclusive, but never prescriptive
- The ability to think analytically about social sharing to create shareable, viral content
- Strong collaboration instincts and the ability to work on quick-turnaround projects
- A positive, curious personality (no haters)
Please submit links or a portfolio of relevant past work
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Marketing Manager
Kiddom, San Francisco
Growth Marketing Analyst
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Marketing Executive - Southern Europe (Internship)
Growth Marketing Manager
LiveAuctioneers, New York, NY
Community Lead, Marketing & Hospitality
Flatiron School, San Francisco
Senior Partnerships Manager, DACH
Twitch, Berlin, Germany