Data Science Intern Summer 2019
BuzzFeed, New York, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeeds data science team is diverse, coming from varying backgrounds, experiences, & skill sets. The team uses data-driven methods to power decisions, inform strategy, build robust data products, & identify opportunities for innovation across the company. We are true hybrids - software engineers, statisticians, mathematicians, domain experts & analysts - who specialize in translating questions into methodical approaches, experiments, & products. We think deeply about the limitations of data, & communicate our output coherently.
BuzzFeed is looking for interns to join our data science team this summer. If you obsess over data, are passionate about understanding how information spreads, & are interested to apply Machine Learning techniques to real world problems, this opportunity is for you. To qualify, you must be enrolled & returning to school upon completion of the internship. Computer science & information studies PhD or Masters students are preferred. This is a paid internship.
Past summer internship projects have included using natural language processing & clustering techniques to categorize quizzes for a filter on the site, building a predictive model for selecting the optimal Facebook page to share a post on, & improving an article recommendation engine.
Learn about last years summer internship program here!
Submit the following
- A brief description of your dissertation, masters project or equivalent
- An article that you have written (blog or journal) or a piece of code that you’ve used to analyze data (code snippet or github repo)
- A copy of your CV
- A short description of projects that you might imagine doing as an intern at BuzzFeed
Life at BuzzFeed:
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchen!
- You must be legally eligible to work in the US.
- You must be graduating in December 2019 or later.
- You must be onsite in NYC or Los Angeles June 3rd - August 23rd 2019.
- You’ll be paid fairly, inline with tech industry standards.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Analyst, Hotels
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Senior Data Scientist
Convoy, Seattle, Washington
Insight Data Engineering Fellows Program - Seattle
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting March 18, 2019: (Early Applications due October 22nd) - Seattle
indaHash, Poland, Warsaw
MoneyLion, New York, NY
Azure Application Developer
Catapult Systems, Austin, TX