At BuzzFeed we are trying to build a new kind of media company that brings our audience content that they deeply connect with and want to share with the people who matter most in their lives. The product management team is responsible for leading product strategy and driving execution towards this mission.
Our product management internship is for anyone eager to gain experience building products that solve real problems. During your summer internship you’ll work closely with engineering, design and data science on a project that you’ll launch by the end of the summer. Throughout your summer you’ll get the chance to learn from and be mentored by some experienced product managers while working in close collaboration with world-class video producers, journalists and social media managers.
- You have a sincere interest in product management and want to expand your skills in the field.
- You have proven your genuine love for technology by working on on tech projects (in class or in the real world).
- You are a self-starter who is comfortable taking initiative when given a project to work on.
- You’re a problem solver who loves to get your hands dirty solving problems using research and data.
- Your resume demonstrates your passion for building products through experience, or coursework.
- Proven leadership experience where you’ve worked closely with cross-functional teams to tackle large projects
- Excellent communication skills that allow you to easily collaborate with both technical and non-technical team members
- Bonus points if you have any experience working in the media or tech industries or on projects relating to apps, website development, or social media. We love hearing about passion projects outside of school, too.
What We’ll Offer:
- A project that will give you an opportunity to solve a real problem for BuzzFeed!
- Mentorship from experienced product managers.
- A unique culture of collaboration, hard work, and fun.
- Meaningful interactions with cross-functional teams.
Life at BuzzFeed:
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchen!
- You must be legally eligible to work in the US.
- You must be graduating in December 2019 or later.
- You must be onsite in NYC June 3rd - August 23rd 2019.
- You’ll be paid fairly, inline with tech industry standards.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Designer, Design Systems
Newsela, New York NY
Director of Product Management, Security
Okta, San Francisco,CA or San Jose,CA
Exabeam, San Mateo, CA
Senior Product Manager - Data Platform
Narvar, San Francisco, CA
Product Reliability Operations Analyst
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Product Go-To-Market Manager
OTA Insight, Gent