Senior Software Engineer, Experimental Squad
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles; New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for an experienced Engineer to build the next generation of services that power our advertising products. We're building a new squad of engineers to run experiments for our ad products and are looking for a technical leader who understands the evolving advertising industry and can step up for a unique chance to use BuzzFeed’s massive audience to directly impact our financial health. You’ll also build tools to make the distribution of ad products automated while also empowering a passionate team that distributes the content to make decisions on how to best optimize for performance and margin.
We have engineering wide hack weeks and we value open source, giving back to the community by speaking, hosting meetups and contributing to projects we benefit from.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Designers, Data Scientists, Engineers, and other partners
- Decide where to build tooling, where to automate, and where to rely on external functionality
- Translate requirements into technical specifications and real products
- Integrate with internal BuzzFeed content APIs and external ad APIs
- Iterate quickly on new monetization analysis and revenue optimization services
- Grow an ecosystem of revenue optimization services
- Foster team culture and professional growth through leadership opportunities, collaboration, and team mentoring
- You will report to a Senior Engineering Manager
Who you are:
- You are passionate about a culture of teaching and learning. You love challenging yourself to improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others and the team to be greater
- You like to take risks when looking for solutions to complex problems. You know how build from a PoC to a large-scale distributed production system
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to identify origins so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving team members, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
- Familiarity with Data Architecture methodologies are a plus
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Envoy, Multiple Locations
Junior IT Systems Technician - Paris
Full Stack Engineer
Knotel, Knotel NYC
Strategic Planning Manager Intern
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA
Anomali, Redwood City, CA
Senior Software Engineer
Datto, Boston, MA | Norwalk, CT | Rochester, NY