Android Engineer Intern Summer 2019
The social news and entertainment company.
Our summer internship program is for the next generation of software engineers eager to gain experience building real world software and products. You’ll help us build new features for our Android apps, shared modules, user interfaces, etc., using the latest Android components, libraries, and best practices. You will work closely with other teams within Tech including Product, Design, and Data Science to deliver products and content that help connect people all over the world!
Meet previous years’ interns and read about their experiences here!
- You have a genuine love of technology and Android.
- You love to build cool things.
- You’re a problem solver.
- You’ve already mastered a couple of languages in your spare time, and can show us some problems you’ve solved in those spaces, or you are currently enrolled in a Computer Science (or related) program of study.
During your internship you will be exposed to BuzzFeed’s Android Development Stack:
- Kotlin, Java
- Native Android Development
- MVVM Architecture
- Standard Tools: Gradle, Android Studio
- Common Libraries: Retrofit, Glide, GSON, RxJava, Android Support Library
- Socal APIs: Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, Youtube
- Video: Exoplayer 2
- Source Control: Git (using Pull Requests and peer Code Reviews)
- Testing Frameworks: Robolectric, Mockito, Espresso
- Continuous Building: CircleCI
Life at BuzzFeed:
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
- You must be legally eligible to work in the US.
- You must be graduating in December 2019 or later.
- You must be onsite June 3rd - August 23rd 2019.
- You’ll be paid fairly, inline with tech industry standards.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Elasticsearch - Java Performance Engineer
Back End Developer
The Linux Foundation, Remote
Cloud Technology Partners
Business Analyst / ROI/ Modeling - Work Remote
Cloud Technology Partners, Live Anywhere
Principle Security Engineer
Cardlytics, Cardlytics Headquarters - Atlanta
Vendor Security Risk Program Manager
Twilio, San Francisco, CA