BuzzFeed is seeking creative Freelance Video Editors for its Branded Video department. This position will work closely with a group of creative producers and directors editing Branded video content. A successful candidate will have experience and a passion for narrative content, digital formats and platforms and loves thinking outside the box.
- Edit a wide range of Branded videos and formats both unscripted and scripted
- Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from producers and clients
- Proactively experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
- Stay hyper organized in an ever changing environment
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro and Media Encoder
- Knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator is also helpful
- Motion graphics and titling experience a plus
- Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates and the latest digital workflows
- Understanding of basic color correction within Premiere
- Understanding of basic sound design and mixing within Premiere
- 3+ years experience working in a fast paced professional environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Communication or related field
- Experience with scripted and unscripted web content
- Experience editing comedy
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
- Ability to follow workflow guidelines and naming conventions
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast paced production environment
- Ability to adapt to changes in production plan / schedules
- Ability to work independently with a team
- Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
- Must be able to understand the big picture as well as perform some of the basic tasks
- NO HATERS
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.