People Operations Lead, Global Mobility (Contract Assignment)
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
We are looking for a lead to temporarily join our People Operations team in our New York City office. Reporting to the Head of People Operations & Mindfulness, this is a hands-on role where you will work on relocations, visas & immigration for employees and candidates globally. This assignment will last approximately 5 ½ months.
- Partner with Head of People Operations and the People Team members to ensure high level of service and rapid response time to our employees and business as well as our ability to provide great employee experiences.
- Use global mobility expertise to provide hands-on administration and management of international assignments, localizations and permanent transfers, while working with managers, the HR team, and external partners and vendors.
- Promote and managing global mobility processes, resolving issues, auditing internal processes and analyzing data.
- Coordinate with immigration and tax consultants, employees, managers, and HR Business Partners regarding visa applications and renewals.
- Manage relationships with immigration, relocation, and tax partners.
- Be the expert in, and provide guidance on country-specific policies and statutory requirements.
- Help handle other operational issues, including general employee questions, and processing of benefits, 401K, workers comp.
- Monitor and improve processes to build People Team Programs and workflow.
- Run reports out of Workday and use data insights to guide and provide solutions.
- 3-5 years hands-on experience facilitating global relocations and visas
- Experience managing full mobility life-cycle including working closely with Payroll, tax attorneys, immigration attorneys, and relo providers
- Project management skills and continuous improvement orientation while working across departments and geographies to develop processes that best serve the business and the employees.
- Ability to make recommendations based on reasoned analysis and problem solving skills.
- Experience handling multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Comfort presenting and communicating, both written and verbally, to internal teams and outside vendors.
- Experience working autonomously, with understanding of when to escalate matters for leadership approval.
- Team player who excels in a fast paced and frequently changing environment.
- Experience working with global HR technology, Workday a plus.
Please submit resume and cover letting detailing why you would be a good fit for the People Operations Lead role at BuzzFeed.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales Recruiting Manager- West
Yelp, Chicago, IL or Phoenix, AZ
Product Manager Intern - Summer 2019
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Ring, Santa Monica, CA
Gestionnaire Paie et Administration du Personnel
Doctolib, Paris, France
Head of Learning & Development
Deputy Chief of Staff
Axios, Arlington, VA