BuzzFeed is hiring an IT Specialist. We’re looking for a well-rounded support technician to setup and deploy hardware and software as well as provide stellar end-user support. The position will work together with the existing IT team. You will need to have strong computer (hardware, software, networking) and interpersonal skills.
We’re looking for an upbeat and engaged person to join our current IT team. At its core, IT is a support department which exists to ensure employees can actually do their jobs--we like to think of ourselves as technology therapists. This position will assist the rest of the team in providing support to employees and work on projects to make employees lives easier from a technology standpoint.
You should have experience troubleshooting computer hardware, software, email and network issues. Being able to provide great customer service is equally as important--you’ve got to love the people you help and love what you do. Individual must be a go-getter.
This position reports to the IT Support Manager.
- Provide internal helpdesk support for BuzzFeed employees
- Respond to, record, track, and close tickets through help desk/problem management software--detail is essential
- Assist with evolving internal IT wiki page--documentation is king!
- Provision computers (mainly Mac OS X machines) for employees
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software or network issues that end-users are having
- Troubleshoot and support current A/V setup for video conferencing (includes Cisco Codecs, and Blue Jeans)
- Partner with the other members of the IT team to provide support and enforce IT policies
- Must be customer-focused and personable
- Will be asked to tackle issues independently but also work with the rest of the IT team as a whole
- Proficient in both following and creating documentation for the rest of team
- Proven ability to use the tools at hand to research and resolve problems
- Candidate should have previous experience assisting employees in a video production environment
- Able to troubleshoot Mac OS X and software issues
- Able to troubleshoot Windows issues
- Ability to troubleshoot Google Apps Enterprise issues
- Experience setting up video conferencing systems (Blue Jeans, Cisco, etc.)
- General knowledge of networking concepts is a must
- At least 2 years experience as an IT Specialist or related position in an office environment
- Familiarity with JAMF Pro
- Familiarity with networking hardware from Meraki
- Familiarity with Okta SSO
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
- Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, 401k with company match, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Backend Engineer - Barcelona
Scopely, Barcelona, Spain
Director of Analytics
Turbonomic, Manhattan, NY
Senior Software Engineer
Social Tables, Washington, DC
Electrical Engineer – Test
Zipline, Half Moon Bay, CA
UI/UX & Product Design Lead
Dahmakan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia