BuzzFeed is launching a year-long social media fellowship program that seeks to develop entry-level trainees into brilliant social strategists. Trainees will learn how to ideate, publish and analyze and report on content the BuzzFeed way through a robust curriculum and a series of rotations within different social team focuses.
The ideal candidates have an unstoppable curiosity and tireless work ethic. Our team uses data to inform decisions and collaborates closely with writers and video producers to ensure that our content is being published in the most optimal way on all of BuzzFeed’s accounts across all social platforms.
The ideal candidates are able to navigate a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with efficiency and maturity. We’re looking for folks who are naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things BuzzFeed — someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
This fellowship is a year-long program consisting of several rotations where transparent feedback and end-of-rotation evaluations will determine advancement. Candidates can be based in either Los Angeles or New York.
The deadline to apply for this fellowship is Monday, January 28th. All application materials will need to be submitted when you apply (including your BuzzFeed video links & explanations). The intended (and tentative) start date for this Fellowship is Monday, March 4th.
BuzzFeed’s social media team is stacked with strategists that are leaders in the social media industry responsible for the growth and sustained success of some of the biggest and most-beloved digital brands in the world. This team is bi-coastal and based in both Los Angeles and New York.
- Learn how to approach social media publishing strategy The BuzzFeed Way
Complete rotations within different social team focuses that will include:
- How to publish posts and videos on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat and other emerging platforms
- How BuzzFeed uses data to inform future content and publishing decisions
- How to create and execute experiments, deliver and present actionable results and feedback that can optimize social publishing strategy
- A robust curriculum
- Providing publishing support to the social team
- A BuzzFeed mentor that can help candidates navigate BuzzFeed and provide guidance throughout the program
- Learn how to be a social media strategist at the industry’s leading publisher
- Gain valuable skills that will make you a highly sought-after social media strategist in the industry
- A media internship (or comparable experience or education) under your belt
- An unstoppable curiosity
- A tireless work ethic
- Unbridled enthusiasm for all things social media and BuzzFeed
- Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
- Deep enthusiasm for experimenting with content and strategy to optimize for key metrics
- Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Reddit user
- Must have excellent writing skills
- The ideal candidate will understand that as a high-performing media company, the natural flow of business will fluctuate and roles and responsibilities may shift to accommodate these changes. They will be excited by and adaptable to change.
Please submit the following when applying to be a Social Fellow:
- A resume
- Instead of a formal cover letter, please include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. You can submit this in the Cover Letter section of this application.
- Share 3-5 links to videos posted on BuzzFeed Facebook pages (published within the last year) that you think did really well on social media, and explain why.
- Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
1010data, New York
Operations Overnight Shift Supervisor
thredUP, Mechanicsburg, PA
Part-Time Office Cleaner - Operations Associate, Boston
Utilization Review Nurse Manager
Junior Sales & Account Manager
HelloFresh, Newark, NJ