The BuzzFeed Video Fellowship is a year-long program for the next generation of video producers eager to master the tools and techniques of the social web. Over the course of the program, you will learn BuzzFeed’s process/voice/strategy of creating compelling, shareable short-form video content. This includes enhancing your production skills from conception to execution - brainstorming, writing, producing, shooting, editing, post-production, notes -- and exploring how and why people view and share videos through BuzzFeed, YouTube, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter and other social sites.
You are a native of the digital and pop culture landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in emerging technology/platforms. You are obsessed with cultural meme propagation and devour the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about.
Fellows will work with and learn from members of the BuzzFeed Video team. This is the perfect fellowship for someone interested in pursuing a career in entertainment, new media or creative services, who is fascinated by the web, social networks, human psychology, pop culture, and the changing media landscape.
This is a full-time, paid, year-long, cohort-experience based in Los Angeles.
The deadline to apply for this fellowship is Monday, January 28th. All application materials will need to be submitted when you apply (including the link to your sample video). The intended (and tentative) start date for this Fellowship is Monday, March 4th.
- Develop mastery of established BuzzFeed Video formats, styles, content generation methods, and production processes
- Conceive, write, shoot, edit and produce videos BuzzFeed
- Work with senior producers to discover and create new recurring video formats to live on BuzzFeed, YouTube, and other video sharing services
- 1-2 years of proven experience creating compelling, shareable video content
- Proficiency with DSLR cameras, sound/lighting equipment, and editing suites
- Adobe Creative Suite and on set experience a plus
- Ability to work in small teams and independently
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism – high emotional intelligence
- A competitive drive
- A positive, curious and kind disposition (no haters)
Please submit the following when applying to be a Video Fellow:
- Your resume
- A cover letter explaining why you’re right for the fellowship program
- A sample 1-2 minute video using a BuzzFeed post as inspiration. Send us an unlisted link and mention the title of the BuzzFeed post you based it on. Focus on clarity and engagement. Inform us, entertain us, inspire us. Make us want to share it. Please do not include a link to a reel as your sample video. Also, if you’re sharing a private video, be sure to give us access to view it.
- Links to your own published videos that showcase your unique voice, connect with Internet sharers and are consistent with what you'd like to do at BuzzFeed.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Food Production Team Member
Sun Basket, Valmeyer, Illinois
Senior Software Development Engineer - Backend
Summer Fellowship - Art Director
Huge, Washington D.C.
Senior Intelligence Analyst, Fintech
CB Insights, New York (out of state remote considered)