Junior Accounts Receivable Associate
BuzzFeed, New York, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
The BuzzFeed Accounting team is looking for a detail-oriented and organized individual to drive our invoicing and collections process. As a Junior Accounts Receivable Associate you are responsible for issuing invoices, applying payments, and liaising with Sales and Client Services to ensure prompt payment while maintaining good customer relations and achieving company standards for results. This full-time position is based out of either our New York or LA offices and will report to the Director of Accounting.
- Manage client collections and billing correspondence
- Prepare, verify, and send customer invoices and statements
- Maintain customer contact and billing information in multiple databases (Salesforce, Operative, NetSuite)
- Prepare check payments for bank
- Complete New Vendor Forms
- Respond to invoice requests/ research and resolve invoice discrepancies
- Act as internal point of contact for all things AR
- Support other accounting projects, as necessary
- A degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including written and verbal communication
- Personable and energetic, proactive and eager to learn
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product and Privacy Compliance Manager
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Payroll Tax Analyst
Justworks, New York, NY
Accounts Payable Specialist
Ripple, San Francisco, CA
Brand Protection Specialist (QAA)
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Real Estate Agent (Glendale, CA)
Movoto, Glendale, CA