The BuzzFeed People team is seeking a detail-oriented and organized People Operations Coordinator to drive day-to-day operations and ongoing projects. This role reports into our Manager of People Technology and is based out of our NYC headquarters.
- Complete all data maintenance for employee transactions (hires, transfers, terms, etc.) in our HR technology - Workday
- Process and track all HR related invoices for payment with finance
- Complete written and verbal employment verifications
- Keep digital employee files updated
- Assist with ongoing data validation/clean-up activities
- Assist with other team projects as needed
- 1-2 internships in an HR environment which included data entry into an HR system like Workday required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels
- A passion for helping others and the ability to get along with all types of people
- Work collaboratively as part of a global People Team
- Proficient with Macs, and Google applications
- Detail-oriented doesn’t even begin to describe your organization skills
- Discretion, maturity, and diplomacy with handling sensitive/confidential information
- 'Can do' attitude and a healthy sense of humor
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.