Sitting within BuzzFeed’s Commerce Team this position will be responsible for supporting the various affiliate stakeholders within BuzzFeed, by providing frequent reporting updates, analysis on performance and delivering strategy recommendations, with the main goal of rapidly growing our affiliate commerce business.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a unique mix of a merchandising and analytics background, an in-depth knowledge of the media space, and who possesses a strong understanding of consumer buying habits. We are looking for someone who brings energy and passion to everything they do and is dedicated to arming the teams at large with the data and insights necessary to drive a strong affiliate business. This role will require communication with various teams across the organization, so the ability to work cross-functionally and to clearly articulate data and strategy will be key.
- Provide daily and weekly reports to track performance of editorial and commerce initiatives
- Provide monthly and quarterly hindsight reports, and deliver strategy recommendations based on top performing content formats and content categories
- Analyze the success of various distribution strategies and develop a content distribution plan based on performance data
- Generate Ad Hoc reports to support business development and sales pitches
- Provide actionable recommendations based on performance, and communicate immediate business growth opportunities to relevant stakeholders
- Manage Affiliate Coordinator to ensure teams are supported in affiliate link creation and to ensure content is optimized and tracked appropriately
- Create and manage workflows for various BuzzFeed teams generating affiliate links, and provide frequent reporting updates to provide a constant feedback loop on performance
- Support the development of an SEO strategy by closely monitoring performance trends of long-tail content
- Provide guidelines for editors and merchandisers to help prioritize affiliate partners based on commission rates, conversion rates, AOV, and other KPIs
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of merchandising experience
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Experience with Excel
- Experience creating and presenting performance reports
- Knowledge of the digital commerce space and emerging trends
- Knowledge of the affiliate space is a plus
- Experience in a traditional ecommerce role is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.