BuzzFeed Video is looking for creative and resourceful Tasty Fellows who can learn from our producers and create compelling short form food video content for the web and other digital platforms. Must be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media, content and emerging technology/platforms.
This is a full-time, paid, year-long, cohort-experience based in Los Angeles. There is no guarantee of a full-time role at the end of the program. But, in addition to the work you'd be doing for Tasty, you will also be a part of a program that offers access to learn BuzzFeed's unique approach to content creation as well as opportunities for professional development training.
The deadline to apply for this fellowship is Monday, January 28th. All application materials will need to be submitted when you apply (including the links to your sample videos). The intended (and tentative) start date for this Fellowship is Monday, March 4th.
- Support Coordinating Producers in execution of original recipe videos
- Assist with video shoots (must be comfortable using DSLRs)
- Record sound
- Set up basic lighting configurations
- Go on runs for the team
- Participate in brainstorms and ideation
- Handle uploads and administrative tasks
- A genuine interest in what makes content shareable and viral
- Experience creating video content
- Highly interested in food, recipe ideation, and other lifestyle video content
- Strong understanding of video metrics and how that information can influence future concepts.
- Ability to work quickly and independently
- Experience with DSLR cameras, sound and lighting equipment
- Familiar with Adobe Production Software (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Media Encoder)
- On-set experience is a plus
- Must be able to take direction and work independently
- A competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really going for it
- Ability to take direction and work in a dynamic environment
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
Please submit the following when applying to be a Video Fellow:
- You resume
- A cover letter that tells us why you would be a good fit for this fellowship
- Links to 2-3 examples of videos you produced, with at least 1 being a food example. But be sure that they are no longer than 3 minutes in length.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Event Marketing Manager - South and Central
Box, Chicago, IL
Head of Partner Marketing - Indonesia & Malaysia
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Manager, Marketing Communications
Head of Marketing UKI - Contract
Eventbrite, London, United Kingdom
Field Specialist - Spécialiste De Terrain
Event Manager - UK
Insider, London, United Kingdom