BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We're looking for a Senior Compensation Analyst. Reporting to the VP, Compensation and Benefits, you will support the implementation and administration of compensation programs, including base pay administration, sales compensation, annual incentive plans, long-term incentives and the annual year-end compensation cycle.
You will be based in our New York City HQ. We offer great compensation package, benefits, and an employee stock option program. Not to mention, a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
- Be a resource and expert in compensation programs, policies, and legislation governing compensation. Provide advice to HRBPs regarding specific compensation issues and propose solutions and recommendations.
- Support the development, administration, messaging and compliance of compensation programs, including the annual compensation review cycle, sales commission plans, recognition plan etc
- Partner with Recruiters and HRBPs to establish competitive new hire offers and adhoc compensation adjustments
- Partner with People Operations and Finance to ensure accuracy in HR data systems including compensation, levels, titles etc
- Develop compensation metrics and tools to inform compensation program decisions, forecasting and budgeting
- Participate in surveys to collect and analyze compensation information to determine BuzzFeed's competitive position
- Create appropriate documentation and user training to support compensation programs
- Be an essential point of contact for internal and external clients related to compensation
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of progressive Compensation experience or relevant general HR experience
- Expert skills in Excel with writing complex formulas and creating graphs
- Experience with HRIS systems (reporting, maintenance, etc.); Workday experience a plus
- Experience with quantitative data analysis and using data to guide decision-making
- Analyzed data and created meaningful, understandable models, reports that are easily digestible
- Developed concise presentations to illustrate and communicate related information
- Experience partnering, influencing, and working effectively with all levels of an organization
- Maintained confidentiality of sensitive information, issues and events
- Experience working independently and within a team to drive projects across multiple departments and client groups, using knowledge of both internal and external business practices to improve products or service offerings
Please submit resume and cover letter including why you are a good fit for the Sr. Compensation Analyst position at BuzzFeed.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Recruiter(12 months Contract to Perm), APAC
Deliveroo, Hong Kong
Director, Talent Acquisition & Branding
Bluecore, New York City
PatientPop, Santa Monica
People Business Partner
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
Group Nine Media
Director of Compensation and Benefits
Group Nine Media, Group Nine Media
Human Resources and Recruitment Associate
Hypebeast, Hong Kong