We're hiring an experienced analyst to join our Content Analytics team to help us design meaningful tests, implement thoughtful analysis and communicate results to both internal and external clients. As part of our Data Science team, the Content Analytics team focuses on understanding content and using data-driven decisions to help grow and engage BuzzFeed’s audiences across our own and distributed platforms.
You have a solid technical background so that they can get, clean, and analyze data from a multitude of sources including platform APIs. You will be focused on understanding YouTube video performance across multiple channels. You will have a mix of responsibilities that include regular reporting/dash-boarding as well as guiding larger strategic questions.
You will be full-time, part of content analytics team reporting to the Manager of Strategic Operations and is located in our Los Angeles office.
- Use data to understand our content, identify areas of opportunity, and communicate results clearly to help increase growth and engagement of BuzzFeed’s audience
- Manage data and produce insights for multiple YouTube channels
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to understand, scope, design and create analysis
- Process, clean and validate the integrity of data used for analysis
- Create analytics dashboards (DataStudio or Looker/LookML experience is a plus)
- 2+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience
- Analyze data sets, and interpret them to make decisions
- Experience managing projects and building client facing relationships
- Experience with R, Python, or other scripting languages
- Familiarity with SQL (Preferably BigQuery)
- Experience gathering data from platform APIs
- Experience with Git/Version Control
- Interest in Lifestyle/Reality TV or social media
Life at BuzzFeed:
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect: A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.