BuzzFeed is looking for a full-time editor for BuzzFeed Reviews, our growing product reviews site. The ideal candidate will be a lifestyle generalist with a deep interest and knowledge of consumer products, and a talent to pitch, write and edit short- and long-form service content across a variety of lifestyle topics as it pertains to shopping, including: home goods, tech and electronics, travel, style, beauty, grooming, and health and fitness.
The editor will play an important role in the development and growth of BuzzFeed Reviews. The role not only involves managing a small team of writers, but also working with other editors to guide strategic content projects.
- Partner closely with Managing Editor and other BuzzFeed content creators to program topically relevant stories and maintain a pipeline of service content, buying guides and other forms of evergreen content
- Top-edit, proofread, and publish daily service content for BuzzFeed Reviews
- Work collaboratively with Managing Editor to develop story packages and new franchises
- Manage a small team of writers (in-house and freelance), providing constructive feedback at every stage of the editorial process
- Monitor data and performance metrics to help our team make better decisions
- Assist with the product reviews program
- 3+ years experience at a digital media company
- Strong project management skills
- Strong experience producing and editing everything from short-form stories to long-form features, as well as social copy
- Are comfortable running a sizable operation with many moving parts
- Firm understanding of the BuzzFeed audience and voice
- Previous affiliate experience and knowledge of SEO a big plus
- Experience reviewing or writing about products and services is also a plus
- Just because you don’t meet every requirement doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you. If you think you’d be a good fit for the job anyway, use your cover letter to tell us why!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Partnerships Account Manager - Southern Europe
Twitch, London, UK
ModCloth, Los Angeles, CA
Senior Graphic Designer
Senior Creative Writer
Interbrand, New York, NY
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA or Remote (based in the U.S.)
Backstage Internship Program: Editorial Intern | Fall 2018
Backstage, Brooklyn, NY