BuzzFeed’s System Manager will play a key role on the Business Operations & Strategy team, working closely with Media Planning, Finance, Ad Operations & Branded Distribution, Legal, Ad Tech, and Client Partnerships. The System Manager, Ad Platforms role will primarily be responsible for configuring and optimizing our advertising tools and technologies to meet the needs of BuzzFeed.
This role is integral in driving operational, financial, and system continuity and consistency for BuzzFeed, and the ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workload efficiently, and communicate effectively with all teams / levels in the organization.
- Administer all of BuzzFeed’s advertising systems and tools, with an emphasis on our CRM and Order Management systems
- Continually monitor and update product catalog & rate cards in our CRM and Order Management systems
- Work with Client Partnerships and Media Planning to ensure orders are accurately entered, reserved, and updated in our CRM and Order Management systems
- Manage product enhancement requests and BuzzFeed’s development wishlist
- Identify and evaluate new systems, optimizations, or automations to improve our business strategy and operations
- Work cross-functionally throughout the advertising organization to determine tracking needs and build out subsequent custom fields
- Troubleshoots day-to-day system issues and serve as primary contact for all support tickets
- Partner with systems support teams to log bug fixes
- Develop advanced reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity
- Work with our Education team to create training materials and drive system adoption
- Deliver all systems related training to the advertising organization
- Manage 3rd-party apps and integrations across our systems
- Execute data cleansing/migration projects
- Own our account relationships with all system vendors
- 3-4 years experience in digital media, advertising operations, or similar
- 2-3 years experience with Order Management systems required, with knowledge of Operative a plus
- 2-3 years experience with CRM (e.g., Salesforce, Boostr, etc.) systems strongly preferred
- Salesforce.com certification a plus
- Experience in a complex enterprise application environment with integrations and customizations to support multiple business processes
- Experience creating scalable processes and workflows
- Knowledge on current industry trends, particularly those related to advertising technologies
- Solid understanding of DFP and programmatic
- Experience with other advertising tools and systems: including Guru, Basecamp, Media Radar, Lookr, and Ad Juster
- Familiarity with prospecting tools: including LinkedIn Sales Navigator Winmo, and Seller Crowd
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Suite (Sheets, Slides, Docs)
- Strong attention to detail combined with superior organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Organized self-starter with a focus on excellence and entrepreneurship, with proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Team player with the ability to work effectively in a high energy and rapidly evolving organization
- Comfortable working with sales and other client-facing teams
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Retail Shop Associates- San Ramon
Equinox, San Ramon CA, US
Platform Product Owner Content Aggregation
Stockpile, Palo Alto, CA
2019 Product Development Summer Intern
Brown Bag Marketing, Atlanta
Channel Manager EMEA - Central Region
Senior Product Manager - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, Washington D.C.