BuzzFeed, the media company for the social age, is hiring a Manager whose focus will be on the implementation and analysis of advertising effectiveness studies across our distributed network.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Ad Effectiveness, this role requires both strategic and tactical skill sets with an eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, and a strong command of digital and social media. The candidate must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses and have the ability to convert data into actionable insights and recommendations for our clients.
What you'll do:
- Manage all parts of the research project cycle: design research questionnaires; support, document and manage client based projects; collaborate with internal operations on the implementation and management of research programs, including quality assurance; interpret data, write reports, and make actionable recommendations; present findings to account teams and potentially to clients.
- Showcase results and distribute knowledge in a concise manner.
- Develop expertise on assigned client verticals to be able to scope and execute large groups of analyses that deliver insight that ties back to the business and assists with vertical development.
- Understand data across all platforms, verticals, and franchises and how it’s all tied back to business goals.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal clients, clearly communicating research objectives to internal leadership team, and assist in handing client-facing interactions that involve deep education sessions and recaps.
- Design strategic research programs to reveal new insights with goal of driving additional revenue and/or bringing new thought leadership to market.
- Develop deep understanding of all vendors and offerings we leverage, including ownership of vendor relationships and vetting new vendors and tools, to be able to work cross-department to match appropriate research with clients.
- Manage all aspects of direct reports workflow and growth, including helping them to develop their work relationships and research knowledge base and supporting them with the research project cycle and key client correspondences.
- Provide recommendations on efficiencies and improving team workflow.
- Work on ad hoc requests as needed.
Who you are:
- A strong understanding of methodology, data & systems from a broad range of research providers, including emerging tools and methods
- Expertise in online research, campaign effectiveness, online recruitment, audience measurement, and market research is a must. Prior experience working with vendors such as Nielsen DBE (Vizu), Millward Brown/InsightExpress, Datalogix (Oracle), etc.
- Ability to work with partners such as Facebook and Snapchat on customized research
- Experience developing surveys based on specific objectives and in analyzing raw data through the output of survey tools
- Ability to take the data beyond the facts to what it means and why we should care
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant insights and express those insights with passion and brevity, both visually and verbally
- Advanced knowledge of Excel a must. Intermediate PowerPoint or Keynote skills
- Proven ability to design, manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- A proven track record of strong interpersonal skills and successful teamwork and collaboration
- Knowledge of native advertising and current trends in the digital marketplace
- 5-8 years of experience in research and data analysis
- Degree in Marketing Research or equivalent experience in statistics, marketing or psychology
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Russian Nation State Intelligence Analyst
Recorded Future, Boston, DC, or London
Senior Data Engineer (PostgreSQL) - Barcelona
SecOps - Golang & Windows Engineer
Senior Applied Data Scientist - Machine Learning
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Product Analyst, Digital Platform Product
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Quantitative Research, Intern
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA