BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web. At BuzzFeed, we foster a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work with fun. We offer a great compensation package and benefits - not to mention a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
BuzzFeed is looking for a Director of Programmatic Sales to manage our new efforts in the programmatic advertising space. You will be responsible for overseeing the performance of programmatic inventory across our owned and operated properties. This is truly a “hands-on” role with the opportunity to be an expert in this area and guide BuzzFeed’s programmatic strategy. You will work with your team, external clients, agencies, and trading desks to establish goals and focus on fully monetizing BuzzFeed's programmatic offerings. You will be based in our Chicago office and report the Sr Director, Programmatic Sales.
- Create a PMP strategy and client offerings that covers the full range of our audience and inventory capabilities for our recently launched programmatic offering.
- Manage all 3rd party relationships with agencies and advertisers, Work with account leads to provide guidance in the creation, implementation, and servicing of Programmatic deals.
- Plan, prepare, and perform client meetings at all levels.
- Provide strategic support to the sales organization on new and existing programmatic opportunities.
- Monitor and manage campaigns to extend/grow partnerships and maximize revenue.
- Serve as our expert and promoter on important programmatic business trends, best practices, and ad technologies.
- 5+ years of digital media experience with at least 3 years of direct experience in the programmatic media ecosystem (including exchanges, ad networks, DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, trading desks, 1st and 3rd party data, etc) with strong agency and advertiser relationships.
- Deep understanding of the online advertising ecosystem including audience targeting/retargeting, the programmatic landscape, and different media types (display, video, mobile, CTV, social, rich media & native media).
- Experience with programmatic ad campaign metrics and analysis.
- Understand the technology behind programmatic monetization.
- Experience solution selling and addressing both business and technical audiences.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.