Director of Production Operations at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and experienced production leader to plan, organize, and coordinate the Production Operations of BuzzFeed’s rapidly expanding video department. This role will report to the VP of Operations for the BuzzFeed Entertainment Group (BFEG).
We are growing in scope over the next 18 months and we need an experienced Production Operations professional who can support this growth by providing strong operational oversight, strategic leadership and draw from their past experience with other high growth, innovative companies.
Our ideal candidate will be proactive, solutions-oriented and flexible. Attention to detail is a must. Our business is fast paced and creative. Everyone at BuzzFeed is an expert at multitasking all while having fun and maintaining a BuzzFeed-y sense of humor.
The position is based in Hollywood and we offer competitive compensation, benefits and an employee stock option program.
- Strategic leadership of Physical Production, Equipment, Post Production and Media Management teams
- Manage communication and regular reporting to stakeholders and external clients on all high priority BuzzFeed Motion Pictures development and production budgets, schedules and delivery.
- Update and optimize organization structures for scale and efficiency
- Work with Director of Finance to create best practice for weekly cost reporting and tracking to senior leadership and key stakeholders
- Work to ensure that productions run smoothly, meet deadlines and stay within budget
- Manage searches and hiring of key production operations staff
- Identify key vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues and work with legal to negotiate contractual terms of engagement
- Establish and maintain/curate preferred vendor list
- Set up and attend key creative approval sessions
- Set up and schedule legal clearance reviews with Legal Department
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- 8 Years + experience with digital production in the field and on a network level for both videos and series.
- Significant experience managing teams and managers of teams
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment while simultaneously supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
- Familiar with the current technology and workflows for both HD and 4K, single cam and multi-cam event
- Access to long roster of high quality vendors and talent worldwide
- Ability and willingness to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
- Willingness to travel domestically
- Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and gear
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Microsoft Word, Excel, Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
See All Jobs at BuzzFeed
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.