BuzzFeed is looking for a creative, passionate and resourceful Supervising Video Producer with management experience to work full-time out of our Hollywood campus managing one or more of our video teams. Reporting to our Executive Producer, you will be a full-fledged people manager and team lead for the video producers of one of our editorial teams. You'll manage direct reports as well as collaborate with the writers, editors, social publishers, production, and other department team leaders. You have management experience, knowledge of and passion for internet social trends with an excellent creative eye, and a firm sense of what’s widely shared on online video and social platforms.
- Lead brainstorms, mentor producers, and give relevant creative notes and final approval on videos with team and other partners
- Manage team’s slate of ideas, including projected success, feasibility, and costs
- Observe viral trends on social platforms to make shareable and relatable content
- Schedule and run efficient check-ins and other meetings with the team
- Encourage new ideas and experimentation and celebrate success
- Set measurable performance goals and timelines for each member of their team(s) that fit within the broader team and department goals
- Identify and raise potential content improvements to the department head
- Follow up on the team’s successes and help the team succeed, including developing one-off hits into series or repeatable formats
- Oversee freelancer or project-based directing, shooting and audio support
- Manage teams’ budgets and know how to be cost-effective, including organizing block shooting
- Partner with other departments, such as Production and Post to see slate of team(s)’ videos to completion
- 5+ years of experience with video production with people management experience
- Passionate about the digital landscape and keeping up-to-date with developments in web platforms and applications
- Knowledge of the life and production cycle of online video
- Native YouTube and Facebook user with an understanding of how to make shareable content for a variety of media
- Interest in newer or emerging platforms (ex: TikTok and Instagram Stories)
- Experience with how titling and thumbnails can affect a video’s performance
- Experience giving creative notes and workshopping creative ideas as well as giving effective technical notes
- Ability to manage and grow creative people of different skill levels as well as hire in freelance support
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position and what excites you about BuzzFeed Video. We’d also like you to share 3-5 links to BuzzFeed videos published within the last year that you think did really well, and explain why.
- Attach a resume
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
PlayStation, Santa Monica Studio
Talent Acquisition Specialist - English Speaker
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey
Asset Specialist, Post Production Operations - SPLATAM
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
MealPal, Hong Kong
Chief Compliance Officer/Money Laundering Reporting Officer
Airbnb, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Full Time Shop Supervisor
Outdoor Voices, Marin, CA