Social Thumbnail Designer (project-based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for someone with an understanding and love of web culture, digital media, and online video to help take our social publishing game to the next level.
Reporting to our Lead Social Media Strategist and working on our Hollywood campus, you will assist our social publishing team with optimizing our video content and audience engagement for all of BuzzFeed’s YouTube channels. You have a background in digital media and/or social media, be excited by analytics, have a deep understanding of YouTube, and have an accessible and responsive working style.
You have a passion for social media content and digital publishing and can understand and summarize how and why certain pieces of content blow up — where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
This is a freelance, short-term contract that includes a 40 hour/week on-site in Los Angeles, running ASAP-July.
- Create clickable and eye-catching titles and thumbnails for videos
- Optimize video metadata for YouTube and SEO best practices
- Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple YouTube channels and assist with comment moderation
- Experiment with how our content is presented on platform, analyze results, and give actionable feedback
- Collaborate with the social team to help with day-to-day tasks on YouTube
- Strong Photoshop knowledge
- Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect performance
- Experience in digital media and/or marketing
- Understanding and love of the digital landscape
- Knowledge of the YouTube platform ecosystems and best practices
- Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Reddit user
- Exceptionally strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- No shortage of perks, snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Food Production Team Member, Swing Shift
Sun Basket, Valmeyer, Illinois
Senior Product Manager, Infrastructure
Eventbrite, Nashville, Tennessee
Domino Data Lab, Chicago
Cloud Services - Software Engineering Manager
Looker, Santa Cruz
Dashlane, Paris, France
Senior Software Engineer, Product Engineering - Targeting
Quantcast, San Francisco